UConn's Shirreffs, Williams In Unsettled QB Mix | The Boneyard

UConn's Shirreffs, Williams In Unsettled QB Mix

Reaction Score
Dropped into the 2017 UConn Spring Practice Update but think this will probably need it's own thread in the end ;)

UConn's Shirreffs, Williams In Unsettled QB Mix
>>Williams said he sustained a torn meniscus in his left knee over the final three weeks of the 2016 season but has fully recovered from surgery.<<

Other QB related tweets post practice today:
Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 19m 19 minutes ago
Edsall on Shirreffs and Williams: “Both of them have to get a little bit more accurate, especially on the deep balls.”

Edsall calls both QBs "still a work in progress."

Edsall won't name starting QB until fall, after new guys added: “As a head coach I want to look at all my options.”

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 17m 17 minutes ago
Edsall on QBs' roles: “I don’t have to get on their page, they have to get on my page.”

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 13m 13 minutes ago
Edsall on QB: I'm not worried about it because we will find who is best. I don't care if you're a freshman, sophomore, junior and senior."

Reaction Score
Edsall also said that both QBs are not accurate. He used the the expression "a bit" but if you watched them last year, accuracy was not a strong suit of either.

Reaction Score
Edsall also said that both QBs are not accurate. He used the the expression "a bit" but if you watched them last year, accuracy was not a strong suit of either.
Yup - deleted in cut and paste from Spring Practice thread. Added above.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that RE 2.0 is really counting on the JUCO QB, whose name escapes me.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Remember when you thought Boyle was super wonderful.

Forgive me if I don't find you credible.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
David Pindell.

I think he wants there to be a spirited competition and let the best man win.

We can win with BS. I'm not worried about that. I'm more concerned about the line.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I imagine the new playbook will be limited in year 1, but does anyone know if the QB commits, especially Pindell, get it before summer camp (i.e. now) so they can at least study it before they arrive on campus and summer camp begins? It would be nice if they could/did so they'd be able come in somewhat prepared mentally.

Reaction Score
I imagine the new playbook will be limited in year 1, but does anyone know if the QB commits, especially Pindell, get it before summer camp (i.e. now) so they can at least study it before they arrive on campus and summer camp begins? It would be nice if they could/did so they'd be able come in somewhat prepared mentally.

That's a great question. I'm sure they give them the page that says "Learn how to throw on the run". :rolleyes:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I think he wants there to be a spirited competition and let the best man win.

We can win with BS. I'm not worried about that. I'm more concerned about the line.
I think Pindell will be the best player though and is truly a dual threat.

Reaction Score

When I made the transition from high school to college many many years ago, players received their playbooks in early summer. Not sure if this is still the case but I'm pretty sure he will have plays in his hand before arriving on campus.

Reaction Score
Looks like Shirrreffs is returning to UConn next fall as a grad student. He's got another year of eligibility, no?

Reaction Score
Looks like Shirrreffs is returning to UConn next fall as a grad student. He's got another year of eligibility, no?
How?! He transferred from NC State. Should have exhausted his 5th year. This should be his final year as he did not RS while at NC State. He transferred following his freshman year.

Reaction Score
How?! He transferred from NC State. Should have exhausted his 5th year. This should be his final year as he did not RS while at NC State. He transferred following his freshman year.
One year left... Played @ NCST in 2013, sat secondary to transfer in 2014, played 2015 and 2016 @ UConn.

Reaction Score
One year left... Played @ NCST in 2013, sat secondary to transfer in 2014, played 2015 and 2016 @ UConn.
He said next fall not this fall. We all know at this point he is playing this year.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I hope so because BS is good enough to win. I'd love to see him clearly beaten out.

Always this. You want one guy to clearly emerge from the pack. If he doesn't than how good is he really?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

"These couple of months have been some of the best months of my life," UConn's two-year starting quarterback said after spring practice this week. "It's a pleasure to come here every single day. I wake up earlier than I ever have and I'm excited to get to the building. It's awesome to be here."

If this doesn't pump you up about who and what this new coaching staff is, then I don't know what will. What a fantastic statement. The future is bright...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom