UConn's "recent struggle" | The Boneyard

UConn's "recent struggle"

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I love seeing these articles to give us anxious fans a view from the outside.

But it gets even better. I read more about that "struggle" in the Courant (reading about UConn Women's Basketball might be my new favorite hobby) and discovered that UConn is actually a bit banged up right now and that Auriemma used the Tulsa game as a chance to play more of his band of McDonald's All-Americans. Too bad it backfired with an embarrassing 18-point win.

This week in overly dramatic UConn Women's Basketball storylines: The Huskies bounce back from a recent "struggle" - Golf Digest

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This has to be the first article ever posted from Golf Digest about UConn WBB. I guess January is a very slow month when it comes to golf.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
From an “outsider”view, I suppose it all seems over the top. What the reporter doesn’t quite get is that Geno is always coaching for the end of the season. I cringe at some of his public comments, but he does seem to have occasional success at motivating players.

And I’m sure, sincec it hadn’t escaped us basketball experts on the BY, that the production from the bench from his younger two classes was pretty slim, although I don’t know in a few cases if his lack of trust of some like Irwin wasn’t more his own drive for perfection and nervousness (?) with only a 20 point lead in the second quarter.;)

Reaction Score
This has to be the first article ever posted from Golf Digest about UConn WBB. I guess January is a very slow month when it comes to golf.

I LOVE that it's in Golf Digest! I wonder how many of their regular readers actually got through the whole article?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
With the win, UConn improved to 18-0 (their only single-digit wins came against top-five teams) and kept its dream of an undefeated season alive. Not that it's even much of a dream considering the program has produced four such seasons under Auriemma.

Well actually 6, but who's counting. :cool:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
With the win, UConn improved to 18-0 (their only single-digit wins came against top-five teams) and kept its dream of an undefeated season alive. Not that it's even much of a dream considering the program has produced four such seasons under Auriemma.

Not to mention that UConn just had a single-digit win against Texas, who (at #9 at the time) was not a top five team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not to mention that UConn just had a single-digit win against Texas, who (at #9 at the time) was not a top five team.
were-doomed.jpg

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Wow, UConn WCBB has made it to Golf Digest. Coaches Geno Auriemma, Chris "CD", Shea and Marisa keep doing what you do, because you are doing it right :).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Someone corrected the error.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I love seeing these articles to give us anxious fans a view from the outside.

But it gets even better. I read more about that "struggle" in the Courant (reading about UConn Women's Basketball might be my new favorite hobby) and discovered that UConn is actually a bit banged up right now and that Auriemma used the Tulsa game as a chance to play more of his band of McDonald's All-Americans. Too bad it backfired with an embarrassing 18-point win.

This week in overly dramatic UConn Women's Basketball storylines: The Huskies bounce back from a recent "struggle" - Golf Digest
You know your avatar is really creepy. Right?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wow, UConn WCBB has made it to Golf Digest. Coaches Geno Auriemma, Chris "CD", Shea and Marisa keep doing what you do, because you are doing it right :).
I can’t wait until Baseball Today does an article on UConn WBB. :rolleyes:

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Haha! Great read!
And the end of the article caught my eye:

RELATED: 61-year-old grandpa joins college golf team

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
4.jpg

You know your avatar is really creepy. Right?
@HuskyNan I kind of agree with @ JordyG on this and would like to further inquire ( & I know I'm not alone in this) when and if Halle Berry will be making a return in your avatar rotation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom