UCONN's Ogunbowale cometh - her name, Christyn Williams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN's Ogunbowale cometh - her name, Christyn Williams

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Poor Megan has been bashed much of the year by some, and I fear Williams will be in some dog houses before her freshman year is up. Seems some forget, there is only a Mara or Stewie that comes along about as much as a comet does across the sky. We need patience with these youngsters and give them room to develop.
As for whether the team next year and in the future wins a national championship, please think about how hard it is to win one. The proof is in the pudding, and if you divide 11 championships by 32 years Geno has been leading Connecticut, that works out to a 34% success rate, which means you win 1 out of 3 and lose 2. As remarkable as his record is, the laws of balance says he will lose more times than win.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't compare Christyn Williams to Arike. Christyn shares the ball, and she do not just throw the ball up as soon as the ball hits her hands.

SHORTY: Now THAT observations makes me think of my major concern about both Megan Walker and Z: looking for shot first vs fitting the TEAM first play for which UCONN has been known for decades. Said taking into account that the well known object of the game is to put the ball in the basket. Numerous ways to get that done though.

For the record, I thought Walker showed a lot of talent and versatility - am very glad we have her. Not sure the data support my concern, but it was a season long perception of mine, seconded by my keen wife especially with regard to Walker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom