UConn's offense | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn's offense

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
In the past, UConn's offense has always lived off their defense. Not so anymore. They are ranked 260th in forced turnovers and 248th in steals. At the same time last year they were ranked 84th and 36th in the same categories.

What happened? Besides the obvious roster losses has there been a coaching philosophy change?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In the past, UConn's offense has always lived off their defense. Not so anymore. They are ranked 260th in forced turnovers and 248th in steals. At the same time last year they were ranked 84th and 36th in the same categories.

What happened? Besides the obvious roster losses has there been a coaching philosophy change?
We all knew that Kia and Gabby were stellar defensive players. But this year's performance in their absence is confirming just how stellar they were.

Reaction Score
And you've only been around for a couple of months ;)

I may have been only posting a couple of months, but I've been reading the Boneyard for years and following UConn women religiously since Lobo was an underclassman. And that was just a dumb, dumb thing to write about Crystal.

Reaction Score
The offense tends to get stale, predictable, and easy to defend as we saw in two Final Four losses, plus several other games (both wins and losses) over the last month of mediocre play.

Reaction Score
I miss Gabby more than anyone but let’s be real here, Kia and Gabby were seniors, Christyn is a freshman and Megan did not play much as a freshman. It is clear that the plays and rotations are not there yet. How many times do you see them being told where they should be. We beat Notre Dame handily not playing our best basketball but inconsistency can hurt the whole group, they are working on it but it will take bumps along the way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom