UConn's Next Hockey Coach just free up? National power DU fires coach | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn's Next Hockey Coach just free up? National power DU fires coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seriously, what is Manuel waiting for?

Can he interrupt his full meal schedule for 30 minutes and get on the horn with Gwozdecky?

Hiring Gwoz would be a huge get and a real sign that the school is taking hockey very seriously. Big Ten will see this as a real positive.

Does Manuel even know who Gwozdecky is? Manuel seems completely clueless.

Reaction Score
He has said he wants to have a coach by mid-May. Presumably he has been in contact with several folks. Remember, Gwoz wasn't on anybody's list until recently, because it was assumed he wasn't available. I'm pretty sure Manuel "knows who Gwozdecky is." He oversaw the hockey program at Michigan.

Reaction Score
I agree that Manuel has to contact Gwoz. But I'm not sure that there's news here really. A respected coach is fired and he expresses interest in the 3 D1 jobs that are open. Not exactly a man bites dog story there. I do like his comments on UConn though.

As well, which was really the point of me posting.

I laughed becuase it sound like the old college football coach waltz - "has not spoken to athletic directors or others affiliated with Ohio State, Maine or Connecticut" - sure doesn't mean that his representattive hasn't.

pj

Reaction Score
I laughed becuase it sound like the old college football coach waltz - "has not spoken to athletic directors or others affiliated with Ohio State, Maine or Connecticut" - sure doesn't mean that his representattive hasn't.

Yes. Almost surely the reason he had kind words in public for UConn is that UConn has contacted his agent.

Close the deal Warde!

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Yes. Almost surely the reason he had kind words in public for UConn is that UConn has contacted his agent.

Close the deal Warde!

Move along PJ, we are bashing WM here. Until he links his outlook calendar and cell-phone records to the boneyard we retain the right to think he is clueless and helpless. I mean, of course a two-time national champion hockey coach would volunteer discussing the UConn job, why wouldn't he?

Reactions: pj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc