UConn's New President: Thomas Katsouleas | The Boneyard

UConn's New President: Thomas Katsouleas

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Is there a true road map to do so anymore?

giphy.gif

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Priority #1
Clean house and rebuild at the Athletic Department starting at the top with DB (not including coaches at this point) and figure what they are going to do with football to get some immediate success.
Priority #2
Get people in the administration who have proven skills at getting money from philanthropic sources - UConn has a wide spread alumni base with connections all over the map
Priority#3
Play all home games at Gampel and continual updating to the facility. Get the other projects underway ASAP
Do these things and things will look much better to P5 suitors

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
well we know charisma wasn’t a qualification. don’t get eaten by your chair prez
I wasn't going to go there but, yeah.

The word "nebbish" comes to mind.

Still, his resume ticks a lot of boxes.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wasn't going to go there but, yeah.

The word "nebbish" comes to mind.

Still, his resume tics a lot of boxes.

someone could have mentioned he should sit up...

Reaction Score
Let's see. How well is Connecticut run as a state? Answer that and get an idea of how good those same people are at recruiting/picking a college president.

CL82

Reaction Score
Let's see. How well is Connecticut run as a state? Answer that and get an idea of how good those same people are at recruiting/picking a college president.
Hey, I'm not saying that he's a bad choice. I can see why he was attractive to the search committee but he's not a charismatic speaker. Would have been nice to have, but it's not a necessity.

CL82

Reaction Score
someone could have mentioned he should sit up...
Or put him in a more formal setting. If you have someone with a commanding presence, this soft format would be okay. It just wasn't optimal for Katsouleas.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I gotta admit the WBB team losing cracks me up.

This isn't an exaggeration but the past ten years or so I've watched the women start to finish maybe 6 times and they've somehow lost 4 or 5 of the games. I watched Louisville the other night too. Luckily, while I hope they win, I ultimately don't really care.

Reaction Score
This isn't an exaggeration but the past ten years or so I've watched the women start to finish maybe 6 times and they've somehow lost 4 or 5 of the games. I watched Louisville the other night too. Luckily, while I hope they win, I ultimately don't really care.

I think the only full game I have watched was Miss St. Don't get me wrong, I pull for them, albeit very dispassionately but the fan base is so insane that I can get some satisfaction after losses.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Or women's basketball, or ice hockey, or baseball. We're only allowed to support 1 sport each here at UConn.

Actively rooting against programs is encouraged too.

And therein lies the problem with the entire UCONN fanbase...far too many one sport fans, and some insane form of jealousy or derision toward program(s) doing better than the one sport a particular fan follows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom