UConn's kids grew up tonight (Fuller) | The Boneyard

UConn's kids grew up tonight (Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was hopeful until about halfway through the 4th... overall they did OK even though they were missing a bunch of starters for long stretches.

The second offensive set when UConn had the ball in the fourth and they went INC, pitch left for a two yard loss and whatever the heck happened on third followed by a punt, felt like the ball game.

I'm not going back to see the exact timeframe but it was somewhere between the 10-8 minute mark.

Reaction Score
Diaco grew up too when he decided to largely go to the spread and use a little misdirection. One thing that I like a lot is the offense lining up and then looking to the sideline for the play, modern offense for a change and it made a big difference.
I just wonder why it took him so long to go to this type of offense this year. I hope he stays with it the rest of this year.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Diaco grew up too when he decided to largely go to the spread and use a little misdirection. One thing that I like a lot is the offense lining up and then looking to the sideline for the play, modern offense for a change and it made a big difference.
They were lining up quickly, then adjusting based on what the defense was doing. These guys are getting smarter, more comfortable in the system, more capable. I think we might be starting to see 200 level Uconn offense.

Reaction Score
I just wonder why it took him so long to go to this type of offense this year. I hope he stays with it the rest of this year.
Precisely because there is only 5 games left. I believe there has to be some threat of the Qb running the ball for it to work to optimize its effectiveness. With each passing game the risk and its affect of losing Whitmer for the season diminishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom