UConn's former videographer, now at Marquette, on Geno | The Boneyard

UConn's former videographer, now at Marquette, on Geno

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
“(Auriemma) is very different on the court as opposed to off the court,” Carver said. “On the court, he’s very authoritarian and everything has to be perfect, very intense, doesn’t hold anything back. When we’re sitting at dinner at the team meal, he’s joking around with everybody.”

I'm sure that must be wrong. Geno is a raging egomaniac who punishes people that don't guess what he wants from them, poor communicator that he is. I know that’s true because I read it on the Internet.

This is a short article but it's nice to recognize some of the folks behind the scenes who help the team.

Video coordinator Carver helps women’s basketball prepare

Reaction Score
I always say, people judge him on the 2 hours they see of him. But realiz Big there’s still another 22 hours that you don’t know of him. And a lot of what he does is to take the focus off the girls

Reaction Score
I may have told this story before, but I'll tell it again anyway. About 12-14 years ago I studied piano for two years with a woman who taught Geno's daughters to play, while living next door to the Auriemma family. She knew that my wife and I were season ticket holders and big fans so Geno came up in conversation occassionally. She would always tell me what a wonderful person he was and how the Geno we all saw on TV was a different person than the next door neighbor and parent that she knew.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The secret to a happy life is being able to separate personal life from work (Wish I could do that better). We know how Geno separates himself during the off season. Not surprising that he can move seamlessly from work to leisure during the season as well.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
I've always figured Kathy Auriemma wouldn't tolerate the on-court guy 24/7 so he had to be different off court

Reaction Score
The secret to a happy life is being able to separate personal life from work (Wish I could do that better). We know how Geno separates himself during the off season. Not surprising that he can move seamlessly from work to leisure during the season as well.

Exactly. I'm very different at work from the the person I am at home. I have to be.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I may have told this story before, but I'll tell it again anyway. About 12-14 years ago I studied piano for two years with a woman who taught Geno's daughters to play, while living next door to the Auriemma family. She knew that my wife and I were season ticket holders and big fans so Geno came up in conversation occassionally. She would always told me what a wonderful person he was and how the Geno we all saw on TV was a different person than the next door neighbor and parent that she knew.

DID - Dissociative Identity Disorder :rolleyes: Do you think it is the same in his restaurants?

Last edited:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I've always figured Kathy Auriemma wouldn't tolerate the on-court guy 24/7 so he had to be different off court

I was fortunate enough to bump into Kathy outside the arena in Philly before the Temple game. I was with a few other BYers who had met her before, so I got to exchange greetings as well.

She's charming!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was fortunate enough to bump into Kathy outside the arena in Philly before the Temple game. I was with a few other BYers who had met her before, so I got to exchange greetings as well.

She's charming!
Some of us sat with her in Istanbul. She absolutely is charming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom