Uconns early recruit RB Arkeel Newsome | The Boneyard

Uconns early recruit RB Arkeel Newsome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ansonia RB Arkeel Newsome is moving forward to breaking h.s. records.
Arkeel has 15 Tds and 980 yards in 3 games. he's doing it in a short time
averaging 22.5 carries per game 325 yards per game and 5 Tds per game.
Uconn should seal the kid now, he's about to blow NATIONALLY in a
minute. Already hearing from Charlie Weiss and Muschump of UF'
PSU' BC' MIAMI'. kid say he will stay home and play for his home team
but he's only a 10th grader, lots of influence during that journey. HCPP
seal the deal now.http://www.ctpost.com/highschool/article/Newsome-Ansonia-put-finishing-touches-on-rival-2197454.php

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Out of curiosity how manyCt kids that are currently HS Sr's (who haven't yet verballed) should UConn offer? How many Jr's? How many Soph's?

Reaction Score

Out of curiosity how manyCt kids that are currently HS Sr's (who haven't yet verballed) should UConn offer? How many Jr's? How many Soph's?
exit 16 may have the answer to that. TE/DE EDDIE GLENN 6 4" 254 of Milford. 6 1" 215 OLB TYLER MATAKEVICH of Milford. 5 11" ATH/DB RUBEN BERGER of milford. all on uconns board

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
2012: casey/rennick/dobbs/golden

bcs kids imo
-sveral 3rdbass kids from ct will go bcs
-mike money(ffld warde)
-shane nastahowski(gwich)
-d robinson(brunswick)
-paul spada(rocky hill)

some guys close to bcs/on the fence
-cherry(tbull)
-chisolhm(bunell),
-gordon(brookfield)
- Kilbane(new cannan)
-murphy(xavier)
-peters (aof)
-salza(bunell)
-seaton(gwich)
-voytek(tbull)
-wrice(bristol), had a offer from RE, not sure whats up with him though.

2013: will be a big bcs class imo. 3qbs at least to bcs from ct for starters....
-acosta
-van allen
-boeing
-boyle
-coggins
-corce
-issacs
-olanrewaju
-stafford
-thomas

2014+:newsome will be bcs...hard to tell after that. maybe the southington qb is already bcs size.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Some one should tweet Pasqualoni and tell him to offer this kid a scholarship Asap!

Reaction Score
I'm not trying to take anything away from arkeel, but the nvl isn't exactly the strongest football conference this year. There is no denying he's good, but even though his stats against Torrington may be legit, woodland is in a down year, and derby is just the same, although improving. Their next games are against Holy cross (a really good defense) Seymour they've been a joke as of late, Watertown (plain and simple we can't tackle) Crosby, a city school whom once you go up by 2 scores they give up, wolcott, a very down year for them, wilby (see Crosby) and Naugatuck...they're just an enigma.

So yes, he's good, but please take his stats in the coming weeks with a grain of salt. He's going to put up massive numbers, but take in mind the quality of the opponent.

Reaction Score
cliptide. i hear you now follow my lead. WAYNE MORGAN a nj kid were recruiting, one of the best DB in the country senior. told ARKEEL he is by far the most diffulcult player he had to cover. ARKEEL competes at these camps with all rising seniors and he runs neck to neck with the best of them! malik golden told Arkeel that he has a bright future, and looks great for a sophomore. PUT ARKEEL ON MASUK/ PUT HIM ON XAVIER. SAME RESULTS, kid plays at a very high level. BC' UMASS' UCONN' RUTGERS' TEMPLE' all 5 teams pulled kid to special workout with TOP-RECRUITS. I REALLY BELEIVE HE'S RESPONSIBLE FOR A FEW SENIORS NOT
LANDING OFFERS AT BC' UCONN. COMPLETELY MADE 2 DB'S FALL DOWN TRYING TO COVER HIM IN 1 ON 1 coverage. ARKEEL WILL BE A 4STAR 5STAR KID. WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY COLLEGE BALL ON ARRIVAL!

http://blog.ctnews.com/hssports/

C

crownfox2

Arkeel has been garnering national attention since his Pop Warner days...he is the real deal

Reaction Score
He also "lives with" his uncle in ansonia while his parent(s) live in an apartment in Waterbury, where he attended west side middle school.

Reaction Score
I think we should follow 16's statement and recruit as many 3rdbass kids as possible - always nice to win w/the MILFs! ;)

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
He also "lives with" his uncle in ansonia while his parent(s) live in an apartment in Waterbury, where he attended west side middle school.

Figures.

The kid could've stayed home and did for Kennedy what Tony Ortiz did for Crosby back in the early '90's. The Bulldogs are still feeding off Ortiz' brilliance (facilities, parent/fan support); no doubt Mr. Newsome could be having the same effect over on Highland Ave. today if he had stayed in town...

Reaction Score
Figures.

The kid could've stayed home and did for Kennedy what Tony Ortiz did for Crosby back in the early '90's. The Bulldogs are still feeding off Ortiz' brilliance (facilities, parent/fan support); no doubt Mr. Newsome could be having the same effect over on Highland Ave. today if he had stayed in town...
basketball town. he's 5 8.5" uconn is not looking for another al lamin', they need more jordan todmans' donald browns lol

Reaction Score
i just did:D
NEWSOME IS GOING FOR 1000 YARDS TONIGHT. WILL BE A CT. STATE RECORD TO DO IT IN 4 GAMES. ANSONIA 3-0 VS HOLY CROSS 3-0 TONIGHT AT JARVIS FIELD ANSONIA.
NEWSOME HAS 927 YARDS ON ONLY 69 CARRIES. 15 TDS.

Reaction Score
NEWSOME IS GOING FOR 1000 YARDS TONIGHT. WILL BE A CT. STATE RECORD TO DO IT IN 4 GAMES. ANSONIA 3-0 VS HOLY CROSS 3-0 TONIGHT AT JARVIS FIELD ANSONIA.
NEWSOME HAS 927 YARDS ON ONLY 69 CARRIES. 15 TDS.

Has he ever been tackled by grass before? If not we'll take him.:cool:

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
I'm not trying to take anything away from arkeel, but the nvl isn't exactly the strongest football conference this year. There is no denying he's good, but even though his stats against Torrington may be legit, woodland is in a down year, and derby is just the same, although improving. Their next games are against Holy cross (a really good defense) Seymour they've been a joke as of late, Watertown (plain and simple we can't tackle) Crosby, a city school whom once you go up by 2 scores they give up, wolcott, a very down year for them, wilby (see Crosby) and Naugatuck...they're just an enigma.

So yes, he's good, but please take his stats in the coming weeks with a grain of salt. He's going to put up massive numbers, but take in mind the quality of the opponent.

Just wondering if you still think NVL isn't one of the strongest conferences in CT.... 2 of the 4 state champs out of that league

Reaction Score
I think we should follow 16's statement and recruit as many 3rdbass kids as possible - always nice to win w/the MILFs! ;)
I love me some MILFs. 12, Is Arkeel high on UConn?

Reaction Score
Ansonia RB Arkeel Newsome is moving forward to breaking h.s. records.
Arkeel has 15 Tds and 980 yards in 3 games. he's doing it in a short time
averaging 22.5 carries per game 325 yards per game and 5 Tds per game.
Uconn should seal the kid now, he's about to blow NATIONALLY in a
minute. Already hearing from Charlie Weiss and Muschump of UF'
PSU' BC' MIAMI'. kid say he will stay home and play for his home team
but he's only a 10th grader, lots of influence during that journey. HCPP
seal the deal now.http://www.ctpost.com/highschool/article/Newsome-Ansonia-put-finishing-touches-on-rival-2197454.php
Considering he's an Ansonia student athlete the question becomes how are Newsome's grades???
This has to be answered before PP offers. Let's face it, if he can't qualify, why waste time on him.

Reaction Score
Considering he's an Ansonia student athlete the question becomes how are Newsome's grades???
This has to be answered before PP offers. Let's face it, if he can't qualify, why waste time on him.

He is the real deal he takes care of business on and off the field ....he's a honor roll student so grades won't be an issue

Reaction Score
Here we go again....let's avoid all Ansonia players because they are all bad...must save the spot for a mediocre 4.0 student from private school

Reaction Score
Here we go again....let's avoid all Ansonia players because they are all bad...must save the spot for a mediocre 4.0 student from private school
Hey, CTFootball, that's a legit concern. Ansonia FB players and UConn are not the greatest mix. That's proven. If grades happen to be an issue, and many Ansonia players have grade issues, it's better to go after players who qualify. If you can't see that, your Ansonia colors are blinding you.
If indeed Newsone can qualify let's go after him. But to raise questions as to whether Newsome, or any other student for that matter, can qualify, or not, is prudent recruiting.

Reaction Score
I saw that the ND and Oregon boards are buzzing about Newsome. The Oregon fans liken him to their super-frosh Da'Anthony Thomas (similar in size, Thomas a bit faster). I've also heard FSU has expressed interest in the record setting sophomore, as well.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hey, CTFootball, that's a legit concern. Ansonia FB players and UConn are not the greatest mix. That's proven. If grades happen to be an issue, and many Ansonia players have grade issues, it's better to go after players who qualify. If you can't see that, your Ansonia colors are blinding you.
If indeed Newsone can qualify let's go after him. But to raise questions as to whether Newsome, or any other student for that matter, can qualify, or not, is prudent recruiting.
The problems of the past are just that, the past. There is a new environment in the athletic office that should limit these type of problems from occurring. I expect the same for the bb side as well where there should be a significant upgrade in getting the kids to be in good standing academically. If there is a red flag on a kid the coaches will know it far enough in advance to back off. I don't think we have to be vigilant of this any longer, not that any over concerned fan could change outcomes.

Reaction Score
The problems of the past are just that, the past. There is a new environment in the athletic office that should limit these type of problems from occurring. I expect the same for the bb side as well where there should be a significant upgrade in getting the kids to be in good standing academically. If there is a red flag on a kid the coaches will know it far enough in advance to back off. I don't think we have to be vigilant of this any longer, not that any over concerned fan could change outcomes.
I don't disagree, but 12 is telling us that PP has to grab this guy. I consider asking about his grades a very good question. No sense recruiting a kid who can't get in. That's all.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i hope all of the idiots didn't chase c12 away for good. he hasnt been on since the dobbs things started to hit the news. i loved getting updates about the players from around ct. he had alot of influence with dobbs and has alot of a couple more prospects that we should be high on in the years to come, hope he still loves uconn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom