Uconns early recruit RB Arkeel Newsome | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconns early recruit RB Arkeel Newsome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't disagree, but 12 is telling us that PP has to grab this guy. I consider asking about his grades a very good question. No sense recruiting a kid who can't get in. That's all.
Newsome broke Alex Thomas' record (the Yale RB). Steve Coughlin was a fantastic player for Ansonia who played TE for Stanford. I would say that they both wouldve gotten into UConn.

Reaction Score
Newsome broke Alex Thomas' record (the Yale RB). Steve Coughlin was a fantastic player for Ansonia who played TE for Stanford. I would say that they both wouldve gotten into UConn.
When you can get into Stanford and Yale, most certainly one can get into UConn. Considering the Tinney fiasco, and now Dobbs, I think asking about this kids grades is approprioate.
For those thin skinned Ansonia supporters, UConn & Ansonia haven't been a great match academically. If Newsome's grades are good go after him. If not, spend your time elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Normally playing in the NVL should come with a healthy degree of skepticism because of the competition. No doubt Newsome's numbers would be different in the 2 big leagues. But he is what he is as far as I'm concerned. Worth the chance to try to get him in here. Can't teach the kind of speed and quickness he has, but can get stronger..

Reaction Score
Normally playing in the NVL should come with a healthy degree of skepticism because of the competition. No doubt Newsome's numbers would be different in the 2 big leagues. But he is what he is as far as I'm concerned. Worth the chance to try to get him in here. Can't teach the kind of speed and quickness he has, but can get stronger..

This talk of the NVL being weak is like saying the Big east is weak because of bottom feeders Seton hall/Provid/Depaul.

If you could kindly remind me what conferences the 4 CT state champions came from?

Kid is for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69