UConn's Death line-up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn's Death line-up

Reaction Score
This was fun. Everyone has some pretty solid lineup options. Can't go wrong with any of them. Nice seeing the combinations people came up with as well as the reasoning for those combinations.

Jim

Reaction Score
Can someone please change the thread title? With the year we have had, I would prefer to not tempt fate.

Reaction Score
Golden State popularized the "death line-up" term which was a lethal small ball line-up that they used to absolutely obliterate teams. The starting five were

Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Andre Igoudala
Draymond Green
Kevin Durant

Now Golden State plays the brand of team basketball that UConn has been playing for years. But that prompted me to look at the roster and imagine a death line-up. Here's mine (once healthy)

Nika
Paige
Azzi
Christyn
Caroline

Offensively I think this team would obliterate teams with mismatches. Defensively, I think this team could work together and help on defense/maybe play zone. With Nika running the show, Paige orchestrating things, Azzi and her shooting and Caroline doing Caroline things, no way a BE team like DePaul even with Morrow gets close. If Aaliyah was anywhere close to the Aaliyah of last year I'd swap her for Nika and this team would be unstoppable. What's your death line-up?
I love having a "small ball" option but don't think it would be useful against the Top 10. Every time UConn had the advantage in the first half of the DePaul game Geno went to a smaller lineup and lost the lead. Went from totally dominating the boards to letting Morrow have her way. Suggest we not get distracted by teams outside of the Top 20 and prepare for the NCAA's where the top teams are both big and quick.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Golden State popularized the "death line-up" term which was a lethal small ball line-up that they used to absolutely obliterate teams. The starting five were

Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Andre Igoudala
Draymond Green
Kevin Durant

Now Golden State plays the brand of team basketball that UConn has been playing for years. But that prompted me to look at the roster and imagine a death line-up. Here's mine (once healthy)

Nika
Paige
Azzi
Christyn
Caroline

Offensively I think this team would obliterate teams with mismatches. Defensively, I think this team could work together and help on defense/maybe play zone. With Nika running the show, Paige orchestrating things, Azzi and her shooting and Caroline doing Caroline things, no way a BE team like DePaul even with Morrow gets close. If Aaliyah was anywhere close to the Aaliyah of last year I'd swap her for Nika and this team would be unstoppable. What's your death line-up?
Love your moniker though.

Reaction Score
Yep, I like Dorka in the starting line-up, and getting about 25 minutes per game. Who she replaces is the big question. Either Liv or Christyn. No knock on either of them, I just think that is an overall stronger line-up, It's fun to play coach, no pressure.
I too like Dorka and Liv at the same time with the right opponent. Yet, Nan's comment that STARTING isn't always so important, it is who you need when. Starting is at times only an ego feeder.

Reaction Score

Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Andre Igoudala
Draymond Green
Kevin Durant

Nika
Paige
Azzi
Christyn
Caroline

Have E instead of Nika - with Paige in Nika won’t add anything and E is a much better shooter than Nika, can defend bigs better and is a much better rebounder

Reaction Score
I love having a "small ball" option but don't think it would be useful against the Top 10. Every time UConn had the advantage in the first half of the DePaul game Geno went to a smaller lineup and lost the lead. Went from totally dominating the boards to letting Morrow have her way. Suggest we not get distracted by teams outside of the Top 20 and prepare for the NCAA's where the top teams are both big and quick.
If you watch the game closely they were way ahead with the small ball team but when AE and Nika were in together the opposing team went on a run. Small ball with a stronger lineup was working well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom