UConn's Christyn Williams & Paige Bueckers: Georgetown Postgame Press Conference - 2/12/21 | The Boneyard

UConn's Christyn Williams & Paige Bueckers: Georgetown Postgame Press Conference - 2/12/21

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great comment from Paige:

"My parents have always pushed me to be a good student. They tell me it's a student-athlete, not an athlete-student. Sometimes I disagree..."

Thought that was funny and great. Also, she is mature beyond her years. She's blunt and honest and while she says all the right things, she says it her own way and adds her own flair. Love it!

Reaction Score
Gotta speak up.
Does anybody else see kinda weird dynamics between Paige and CW. Maybe I'm just seeing things that fit my own narrative. I have done a little back and forth about how I think the presence of Paige is majorly contributing to CW's "funk". (old dude)
I think CW's cute/flighty attitude in interviews is fine. I've enjoyed it at times. Seemed to fit in with previous teams.
I don't think she should be paired with Paige, now that the season has moved along. Paige is a pro. She focuses on the question and she responds to the question, usually interjecting something personal and also something about the UConn program and team with each question.
Too much of a contrast with CW. Poor matchup. Especially with CW struggling and Paige excelling.
All kind of cues- like a job interview- Paige leans forward. Paige gives eye contact. Paige shows enthusiasm. Paige knows what she's doing. CW leans back. Was she dozing off? CW having trouble structuring sentences and answering the question completely. Always quits the answer suddenly.
Paige on the court is my new Larry Bird. Paige interview my new Jordan Spieth. (hey Jordan- keep it up in Pebble Beach)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Gotta speak up.
Does anybody else see kinda weird dynamics between Paige and CW. Maybe I'm just seeing things that fit my own narrative. I have done a little back and forth about how I think the presence of Paige is majorly contributing to CW's "funk". (old dude)
I think CW's cute/flighty attitude in interviews is fine. I've enjoyed it at times. Seemed to fit in with previous teams.
I don't think she should be paired with Paige, now that the season has moved along. Paige is a pro. She focuses on the question and she responds to the question, usually interjecting something personal and also something about the UConn program and team with each question.
Too much of a contrast with CW. Poor matchup. Especially with CW struggling and Paige excelling.
All kind of cues- like a job interview- Paige leans forward. Paige gives eye contact. Paige shows enthusiasm. Paige knows what she's doing. CW leans back. Was she dozing off? CW having trouble structuring sentences and answering the question completely. Always quits the answer suddenly.
Paige on the court is my new Larry Bird. Paige interview my new Jordan Spieth. (hey Jordan- keep it up in Pebble Beach)
I believe that Paige may have had more press interviews than the rest of the UConn team combined, most of those were last year while she was still in High School. Paige seems to be the most comfortable player on the team while she is interacting with the press. How many of the current UConn players seem to stumble while being interviewed, most of them. The team itself is more prepared for interviews and that is because UConn teaches them in conducting them, but I think that when it comes to Paige, they are just fine tuning her skills on the meeting with the Press. I remember how KLS was her Freshman year vs her Senior year. Paige appears to be already better than many of the seasoned team players and will only get better, just like her game.

Reaction Score
I believe that Paige may have had more press interviews than the rest of the UConn team combined, most of those were last year while she was still in High School. Paige seems to be the most comfortable player on the team while she is interacting with the press. How many of the current UConn players seem to stumble while being interviewed, most of them. The team itself is more prepared for interviews and that is because UConn teaches them in conducting them, but I think that when it comes to Paige, they are just fine tuning her skills on the meeting with the Press. I remember how KLS was her Freshman year vs her Senior year. Paige appears to be already better than many of the seasoned team players and will only get better, just like her game.
100%
I think they need to think about who they match her up with. I loved the interview with Nika. (some BY'ers didn't. they mentioned disrespecting GA) I enjoyed seeing her being an 18 year old.
Not to harp on it- if she had a better rapport with CW, it would have showed yesterday. I know I'm stuck on this: really good players can get frustrated with players not playing well, not hustling, being in a "funk". (Dr. Funkenstein- need a little Bootsy Collins and Parliament to get me out of my funk. I'm doing Covid teaching in an eskimo village in SW Alaska. Talk about a funk!) Paige feels things on the court in 3-D. What does it feel like to basically run the team, get the offense moving, a couple of crisp passes to an open CW..... You do the rest....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom