• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Have game ... will travel
wire Auriemma - Mansfield
Loved the man in black.
I loved that series. I've seen every episode. I also like the black uniforms. I've shared this observation the last time this subject was raised. My suggestion was/is to keep the black uniforms. Use them for a home game once a year during the OOC portion of the season, then (after they have been laundered of course) have each player autograph their jersey and put them up for auction to the highest bidder, with the proceeds going to 1-2 local charities. This would be a win-win promotion. This puts/keeps the program's name and presence in the community in a positive manner. The charities benefit as do the buyers of the uniforms. Imagine what Paige and Azzi's uniforms could fetch? :rolleyes:

Those uniforms can (if marketed correctly) become a coveted item because fans know they will only see them once a year, and what happens to them afterwards. Replicas of those uniforms should never be sold or made available at souvenir stands during games or on line to fans wanting to purchase them. One of the inducements to bidding on the uniforms is that the winning bidder will have the uniform presented to him/her at half court before a future home game by the player, and have a picture taken with the player of that presentation. Something the winning bidder would cherish forever. I've seen college and pro teams take the court in some ugly/horrible looking uniforms. Those black uniforms aren't that bad. It's a matter of taste and preference.

Reaction Score
I like the uniforms but are really black or an extremely dark blue? I remember Meg saying she couldn’t tell if they were blue or black. By the way, this might just be my perception, but has anyone else noticed that red (usually limited to an accent color) has started to appear more? For example, the cheerleaders had red Pom-Poms in a recent game.

Reaction Score
Can we please, for the love of everything in the universe........have a bonfire somewhere and burn those black uniforms?

I hate them. They aren't UCONN colors. We play terrible in them.

Go UCONN!!!

PS-sorry if this has been discussed, I've been MIA. A pipe in the apartments above my restaurant burst Sunday night. Been a nightmare 4 days for me.
I'd put the grey ones right up there with black as bad omens for whatever game we're playing.

sun

Reaction Score
IMO these black MLK commemorative uniforms were well designed and looked impeccable.
I noticed that the warm up shirts that Azzi and Paige were wearing, as well as the hoodie worn by Morgan, had what looked like quotes by Dr. King printed on them.
What a great statement and effort that the university made to show the players and the community how much that it's willing to honor MLK for this special holiday game against Oregon.
I also think that Liv played one of the best inside games of her entire UConn career.
The black uniforms really provided great contrast & showed up exceptionally well against the busy floor pattern of the Oregon BB court.
I thought that Geno also looked dignified in black, and the Huskie logo really stood out on his black shirt.
As he humorously quipped in a previous on court game interview to the effect that, "The black outfit matches my soul."
Good old Geno, saying that really gave me chuckle.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The uniforms that have to go are the greys. May have been dumped and good if that's true. They may look nice in person but on video they look cheap, like the grey sweats I used to wear to work out.

And personally I have no problem with being cast as the bad guys. Most other fans already think that so let em.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, for a school whose colors are national flag blue, which is darker than navy blue, black Uni‘s seem kind of pointless. Better to just make up an alternate away uniform that actually uses the schools colors.

That said, I thought they looked good.

That said, I don’t want to see them again!

MrT

Reaction Score
Can we please, for the love of everything in the universe........have a bonfire somewhere and burn those black uniforms?

Go UCONN!!!

PS-sorry if this has been discussed, I've been MIA. A pipe in the apartments above my restaurant burst Sunday night. Been a nightmare 4 days for me.
Lets see all red with black letters

sun

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that UConn was wearing blue BB shoes.

Reaction Score
I wanna see red with blue and white numbers and letters.
Seems like you dislike every post someone post. But that’s my opinion and I think irked would of been better than black for the fact we have red in our blue white and grey jersey’s.

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
Go UCONN!!!

Sorry to hear about your burst pipe nightmares. Been there, done that, no fun was had. With the temps regularly dropping into the single digits these past few nights, we’ve been on high alert for frozen pipes. But just as with the Huskies’ current trials and tribulations, this too shall pass!

Unfortunately, I can’t provide you with as much hope for the Black Uniforms. Per this clip from the Big East Media Day last fall, apparently the Black Uniforms are the favorites of a number of the players, both women and men.

Now as for the GRAY uniforms…well, I think those @#$% threads may just need their own @#$% thread! ;)

Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of the black uniforms, but they are (slightly) better than the gray ones. I'm surprised no one mentioned the all time worst uniforms, the satin (Satan?) sliver uniforms. I think Biff or someone posted a picture of those uniforms burning at center court a while back.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of the black uniforms, but they are (slightly) better than the gray ones. I'm surprised no one mentioned the all time worst uniforms, the satin (Satan?) sliver uniforms. I think Biff or someone posted a picture of those uniforms burning at center court a while back.
Unfortunately, that bonfire only existed in my mind. In reality, after that one fateful season, the silver unis were given to the UConn Avery Point team. I have no information if they had any better luck with them.

silver_unis.jpg

Reactions: HHH

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The wife and I are not fans of the black uni's. Hope we never see them again!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom