UCONN's Big Three for 2022-23 season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN's Big Three for 2022-23 season

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i really don't know who will be considered the big three after the season ends. feels to me that it might be a big 6, or such. there really is a lot of talent here, while little of it has much court time together, when u think aboot the returnees and time lost becuz of their injuries, with all of them playing on a paige focused squad. no paige this season.
and then there's the new people.

im expecting coach to sort out the 'chemistry' thing. he always does. i just can't shake the feeling that this is a really, really good team. mebbe tops.
and, im not going to, either.

Reaction Score
What makes for great BY posts is when someone who is not recognized as being part of the big 3 or 4 or whatever, comes off the bench and scores 15 or 16 points. It will happen and it could be almost anyone.

Reaction Score
When I think of classic Uconn I think of 4 names. Lobo, Rizzotti, Berube and Elliott. Power, fearlessness, consistency and grit. This is what we need in 2022-23. Who will fill those shoes?
Dorka, Azzi, Caroline, Aaliyah,

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It constantly amazes me how, on almost every post, people sleep on Amari. I think her improvement and contributions at the post will be the single most critical element in this team development. I've said this before, but it seems I'm saying it in a desert.
@JordyG I think it is obvious why people sleep on Amari. That includes me. I think we are all dying to be big fans, but she dug a hole at the end of the bench last year. Where is her head really now. They all know how to talk the talk, so I think we are waiting for some game performance to make us big believers. She's had the body all along, but needs her head in the game. I think she is going to deliver.

Reaction Score
I think Ayanna and Ice will push Amari into the forefront, if nothing else. Not literally, but by their effort, heart and grit. She can't remain in the background for another year! Let's go Huskies

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’ve made these comments previously relative to Amari. Bigs typically take more time to develop, and in Amari’s case we are talking about a player who’s entire senior season in HS was wiped out because of Covid, leaving her behind most of the freshman class.

While Amari’s PT was limited, what I saw in those minutes she did play is a Big with good hands, passing skills and a shooting touch out to the 3-pt line. Amari needed to improve her fitness level and develop her low post skills at both ends of the court, something that she made a significant commitment to accomplishing by spending the entire summer in Storrs working with Andrea Hudy and the coaching staff.

As UConn fans, I don’t think we can ask for more from Amari in terms of her commitment to improve. In a little more than a month we’ll get a much better look at Amari the basketball player. But from the pictures we’ve already seen, Amari is leaner and fitter than ever. I for one am expecting big things from Amari this coming season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While Amari’s PT was limited, what I saw in those minutes she did play is a Big with good hands, passing skills and a shooting touch out to the 3-pt line. Amari needed to improve her fitness level and develop her low post skills at both ends of the court,
I agree. The low post skills you mention looked to many of us like a lack of assertiveness in the paint, or seeming confused about how to play D. I also share your confidence that she'll have improved in these areas when we see her next.

I was particularly impressed by Amari's hands, her passing skills and her shooting touch. In these respects, she's a lot like Dorka, and can learn a lot from her. And like Dorka, she can hit from the perimeter, not like Azzi of course, but well enough to force a big to defend her out there, which is more or less what Dorka's perimeter shooting is like. This is something Liv and Aaliyah were not able to do. I suspect Ice will be able to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom