UConn's Big East Rival Will Be ............ | The Boneyard

UConn's Big East Rival Will Be ............

Reaction Score
Count me among those excited that UConn will be entering the Big East Conference.

As someone who has watched many BE games over the past years I can tell you that the play in the BE is "old school" physical with solid teams top to bottom.

My question is .... which school do you believe will be UConn's rival raising the most emotion.

My guess is either St. John's (Anderson did a great job making them competitive this season), or Seton Hall (since Hurley grew up in NJ).

Reaction Score
I think this is going to happen naturally, but I still say Villanova will emerge as our #1 rival. We had good games vs Villanova in our first tour of duty in the Big East, and we have recent history with them as well since we have played them the last 3 years. If you count the time we played them in the 2014 NCAA Tournament, we played them 4 times in the 7 years we were in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Most Respected Rival: Nova
Most Hated Rival: Providence
Most Friendly Rival: Xavier... we both hate Cinci so I like them :)
Natural Rivals: Georgetown, St Johns, Seton Hall
In ur face Rivals: Butler
Lol: DePaul
Soon to be Rival: Creighton

Reaction Score
Already have another thread on this. The answer is Nova.

We never had a natural rival and it became Cuse because we were the two best. Nova and UConn will be the two best and it will get the marquee tv slots and become a rivalry.

Reaction Score
does anyone remember boat stealing the ball from nova when the game was close to over when we were leaving the BE? classless and love it!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
DePaul, because we're going to miss the good ol' AAC days, and playing teams where 80% of our fan base couldn't tell you what their mascot is or where the school is located.

Reaction Score
Providence. 55 miles from storrs. Cooley and Hurley hate each other. Their fans despise us. They are the only fan base that seems extremely unwelcoming. I can’t come to grips to hate Nova now bc of Jay Wright. I like him too much. Maybe Georgetown will get there. St. John’s isn’t good enough to hate. So yeah Providence.

Reaction Score
Many will call us thier rival. They will at first make noise about us earning that as we will be the new kid in the block but as we start dominating the true rivalry game will be PC. Because the hatred is there. The best games and most fiercest will be Nova.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Villanova!! As this program builds, it'll be competing with the top dogs. No doubt

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Providence, Villanova, St Johns, Georgetown, Marquette, Butler DePaul then BC, Pitt, Cuse and WVU

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom