UConns Advantage is not the home court | The Boneyard

UConns Advantage is not the home court

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConns advantage is having so many fans from all over the world that want to see them play. If fans werent allowed into the arena then UConn would not have an advantage even though the Regional is in CT. UConn has an advantage because they have alot of fans and UConn fans show up. Do you think that the other teams in the Bridgeport Regional will have a few thousand fans show up? No because they wont travel. If UConn were playing in Spokane do you think alot of UConn fans would show up? I think so. If you think not wait til the Final 4 in Minny. Many UConn fans have already purchased tickets. UConn has a bunch of fans who travel to big games. We have watched UConn play at different schools and there are always alot of UConn fans that show up. UConn fans will travel and many fans live in other states such as Florida and as someone mentioned they showed up at the UCF games when UConn was in the AAC.

Reaction Score
You are correct, we have gone to many places to watch UConn play including the last 21 final fours and no matter where you go there are always a large contingent of UConn fans. UConn fans do travel very well so, it does not matter if we play in our back yard ( as some have put it ) the advantage (if there is one) is the fans not the arena.

Reaction Score
I've seen them at USF, South Carolina, Rutgers, Temple, Seton Hall and MSG (vs St. John's), and they won all those games. A little embarrassing, because UConn alums and fans seem to outnumber the hometown fans (or at least sound as loud).

Reaction Score
Tonyc is completely correct in his post about UCONN'S advantage. The fans are outstanding. But to me the biggest advantage we have is we got GENO and they don't. I rest my case. I would never say I know more than Tonyc because I don't. That is my opinion about GENO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom