UConnHuskyGames Presents: 1999 National Championship WTIC Broadcast | The Boneyard

UConnHuskyGames Presents: 1999 National Championship WTIC Broadcast

Reaction Score
Happy March 29th Husky Nation!

For the 20th anniversary of our first National Championship I thought it would be right to finally get this project done.

Around 4-5 years ago I stumbled across a WTIC copy of the 1999 championship game on eBay. I bought it with the intent of trying to sync it up with the CBS TV broadcast. After many failed attempts, I finally figured out a way to make it work.

All together this project probably took me 30 hours to complete. It is far from perfect, as I had to do a lot of cutting to make sure it stayed in sync throughout the game. So, if Joe D or Wayne Norman say something that doesn’t make sense, it’s probably because I had to cut the beginning of it. I tried by best to make it sound perfect but certain spots I couldn’t do much. Also, since the audio is coming from 20 year old cassette tapes, the sound quality changes and so does the speed. Nothing I could really do to fix that.

Overall, I think it came out great and think you will all enjoy it!

Go Huskies!

-GampelCrazies

Reaction Score
Awesome! Great excuse to re-watch this game, as if one was needed. Will def sit down with it this weekend.

Reaction Score
You're the best dude! I remember that summer I must have listened to the radio broadcast(recorded it on cassette too) of it or the CBS telecast almost daily.

Reaction Score
We actually got the idea from a UK basketball site that no longer exists. Other than that I don't believe any other school has one.
When did that one go down?

Reaction Score
This first title will always be the most special although 2011 and 14 were just unbelievable . 04` was expected. That team was just a juggernaut once Ok4 got healthy and things just fell into place.

Reaction Score
What’s next. Hartford Whalers top ten broadcasts ???? # sportswasteland

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
To this day when I watch this, I expect Langdon to get the typical bs duke call there at the end.

Reaction Score
Happy March 29th Husky Nation!

For the 20th anniversary of our first National Championship I thought it would be right to finally get this project done.

Around 4-5 years ago I stumbled across a WTIC copy of the 1999 championship game on eBay. I bought it with the intent of trying to sync it up with the CBS TV broadcast. After many failed attempts, I finally figured out a way to make it work.

All together this project probably took me 30 hours to complete. It is far from perfect, as I had to do a lot of cutting to make sure it stayed in sync throughout the game. So, if Joe D or Wayne Norman say something that doesn’t make sense, it’s probably because I had to cut the beginning of it. I tried by best to make it sound perfect but certain spots I couldn’t do much. Also, since the audio is coming from 20 year old cassette tapes, the sound quality changes and so does the speed. Nothing I could really do to fix that.

Overall, I think it came out great and think you will all enjoy it!

Go Huskies!

-GampelCrazies

goose bumps!

Reaction Score
Tears!!

Happy Anniversary to all those involved in that 99 team and to you fans who enjoyed that night as much as I did.

Reaction Score
What’s next. Hartford Whalers top ten broadcasts ???? # sportswasteland
I have been to several big time games and game 6 vs the Canadians in 1986 is near the top of my list. Loved The Whalers, hate John Rowland for playing hardball with Karmonas.

Reaction Score
I have been to several big time games and game 6 vs the Canadians in 1986 is near the top of my list. Loved The Whalers, hate John Rowland for playing hardball with Karmonas.
Nothing against the Whalers wish they were still here. Downtown Hartford thrived. Just said we don’t current sports to celebrate right now always having to reminisce get boring

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To this day when I watch this, I expect Langdon to get the typical bs duke call there at the end.
So did he.

@gampelcrazies thanks so much. This is amazing work.
1553961530436.png

Still.... get... chills.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104