UConn+ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn+

Reaction Score
I agree with this. Also UConn has been employing people to write stories and produce video content so it makes sense to put it all together and enhance it. (Remember when Andy Katz was employed by UConn?) Traditional media coverage has declined considerably so schools like UConn are filling the void and enhancing the content.
This is a university channel? Not athletics only?

There is a. If opportunity for owned media by the university IMO. I love legacy newspaper, some parts of me wish I could still work at them, but their business model is unsustainable.

News is commoditized and there is no customer differentiation from an aggregated story vs. a sourced story.

News gathering is expensive, and with media advertising so splintered, it’s impossible for them to expand.

Back in the day Courant would send 4 reporters to UConn men ncaas, JI 3, New Haven Register 3 and everyone else at least 2 (beat writer, columnist).

Now? 2 fir Courant. Hearst 2. Everyone else only 1.

Reaction Score
This is a university channel? Not athletics only?

-> Beyond athletics, UConn+ also will feature non-sports programs. Initial programming concepts include a research magazine, a talk-show podcast about UConn people and programs, and health promotion spots. An interview series hosted by President Radenka Maric, "Worth Repeating," is already in production, and includes head football coach Jim Mora as the first guest. The multimedia production team in University Communications, with staff in Storrs and Farmington, is fully integrated as part of UConn+, and will be responsible for providing this additional menu of content.

"Athletics is not just a tremendous point of pride for our community, it's a front porch that helps bring people into the front door of this amazing university," said Kendig. "UConn+ gives us another vehicle for shining a light on the academic and research champions here that positively impact Connecticut and the human condition. The ideas are limitless, and we believe this endeavor has great potential to grow over time." <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom