UConn write-up's in JWS Articles | The Boneyard

UConn write-up's in JWS Articles

Reaction Score

UCONN

Seeing the Huskies on this list might be jarring, but I’ve mostly left them alone since Paige Bueckers went out with a knee injury. I haven’t been ignoring No. 10 UConn, but I have been taking a “wait and see” approach. It’s hard to judge a team that’s without its best player, and the Huskies have battled through other stretches without core players like Azzi Fudd and Olivia Nelson-Odada. It’s been an unprecedented season for UConn, to say the least. Last week, the Huskies dropped a game to unranked Villanova, marking their first conference loss in nine years.

INDIANA AND UCONN: IT DEPENDS

From UConn’s perspective, Paige Bueckers is the obvious name that comes to mind, but health has been an issue up and down the roster all season. Azzi Fudd, Christyn Williams, Dorka Juhasz and Nika Mühl have all missed time at various points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I read the articles but kept coming back to the first picture of the Florida players. Looking at it I thought they must have a set of the twins I keep hearing about but reading names on the roster doesn't support that. Look closely at this shot. The second player from the left and the third player from the right are nearly identical. Or are they the same person? I know Florida has an international roster but alien shape shifters? Not even Jose Fernandez has managed that one yet.

Attachments

• GettyImages-1357956267-1920x1281.jpeg
    GettyImages-1357956267-1920x1281.jpeg
    390.2 KB · Views: 170
Reaction Score
I read the articles but kept coming back to the first picture of the Florida players. Looking at it I thought they must have a set of the twins I keep hearing about but reading names on the roster doesn't support that. Look closely at this shot. The second player from the left and the third player from the right are nearly identical. Or are they the same person? I know Florida has an international roster but alien shape shifters? Not even Jose Fernandez has managed that one yet.
Florida does have twin sisters (none of the articles I saw said identical, so they may not be: they're listed at slightly different heights). Tatyana Wyche is number 2, Taliya is 00. Possibly they are the two rightmost players partially visible. Both coming off the bench according to the stat sheet.

Reaction Score

UCONN

Seeing the Huskies on this list might be jarring, but I’ve mostly left them alone since Paige Bueckers went out with a knee injury. I haven’t been ignoring No. 10 UConn, but I have been taking a “wait and see” approach. It’s hard to judge a team that’s without its best player, and the Huskies have battled through other stretches without core players like Azzi Fudd and Olivia Nelson-Odada. It’s been an unprecedented season for UConn, to say the least. Last week, the Huskies dropped a game to unranked Villanova, marking their first conference loss in nine years.

INDIANA AND UCONN: IT DEPENDS

From UConn’s perspective, Paige Bueckers is the obvious name that comes to mind, but health has been an issue up and down the roster all season. Azzi Fudd, Christyn Williams, Dorka Juhasz and Nika Mühl have all missed time at various points.
Some of the writer's comments were lazy in their lack of current research. "UConn lost to SC earlier in the year at full strength." Full strength? Fudd was just a name on the scoresheet, not the 20+ scorer she is today. Caroline played a few minutes but had little experience. Dorka had her hand and thumb wrapped and had issues holding the ball. Williams mainly shot from outside and did not drive to the basket as much as today. I suspect if you asked any competitive coach, they would say the UConn team of today bears little resemblance to the team that played SC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom