UConn Women's Preview Show in SNY - why? | The Boneyard

UConn Women's Preview Show in SNY - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
So I watched the preview show....twice....

much was made of Stewey. I expected that
much was made of expectations for Kiah - expected that as well.

They spoke about Moriah, Saniya, the freshman (great kudos for Ms. Nurse and Gabby, and a shout out to the "hometown girl" Sadie), and even a mention for the walk ons. Ok, got that.

They spoke about the change in team identity. They spoke about leadership.

BUT

Aside from a few quotes from the girl herself, there was no mention - None - about Kaleena.
She's a SENIOR...she's an AA....she's a presence in the post - they talked about post play without Stefanie...hello?!?

Kaleena...dead-eye from 3 point land. Should have been MVP of last year's final four, coming back from injury and a disappointing season.

Not.one.word.

Did I miss it? I don't think so, but just in case, I am now watching the show for the third time.

I don't think that I am wrong. So, I ask myself and SNY - WHY?

Why SNY?

Why?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I really don't care about what happened in the edit of this program. K or (I hate when they call me) KML or that tough brown eyed girl, is a big part of this team - all of us real fans absolutely know it ... and I and you and us certainly know that K does not give one little bit of white stuff on top of the dollop of pigeon poo that fell on the umbrella of the pretzel seller at the south central corner of Central Park today for what was or was not her stellar moment on SNY yesterday. She knows who she is and is good with that. Me, I'm more than good with that. And she was the real MVP of the whole NCAA tourney last year.

Reaction Score
I noticed that too, and no mention of Samual for the men's preview who was huge off the benvy last year. Almost seams like they forgot the rosters.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I really don't care about what happened in the edit of this program. K or (I hate when they call me) KML or that tough brown eyed girl, is a big part of this team - all of us real fans absolutely know it ... and I and you and us certainly know that K does not give one little bit of white stuff on top of the dollop of pigeon poo that fell on the umbrella of the pretzel seller at the south central corner of Central Park today for what was or was not her stellar moment on SNY yesterday. She knows who she is and is good with that. Me, I'm more than good with that. And she was the real MVP of the whole NCAA tourney last year.

I get that Rocky. I do. However my perspective is that you give someone their due because it's the right thing to do, pigeon poo not withstanding. It was, in my opinion, an egregious omission, especially since they were making a point about post presence and leadership after the departure of Stef.

I don't for a minute think that Kaleena or any of the girls watched or were aware of this piece, but her fans and family likely saw it, and it is worth a mention that she did not get a mention.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I get that Rocky. I do. However my perspective is that you give someone their due because it's the right thing to do, pigeon poo not withstanding. It was, in my opinion, an egregious omission, especially since they were making a point about post presence and leadership after the departure of Stef.

I don't for a minute think that Kaleena or any of the girls watched or were aware of this piece, but her fans and family likely saw it, and it is worth a mention that she did not get a mention.

You and me Rady...bump, bump.

Reaction Score
Come on guys. Cut them slack. They have 23 minutes. A few of those go to the recap of last season, as you would expect them to. Then of course an interview with the head coach, also expected. Then an interview of Stewie, the best player in the country. Everything after that is optional and subject to editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom