UConn Women's Memorabilia ... | The Boneyard

UConn Women's Memorabilia ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I recently picked up a collecti0n of sports memorabilia that is mainly comprised of autographs of former UConn Women's players. Here's some of what I got and my gut feeling as to approximate value:

Signed Basketball: Nykesha Sales: $20
Signed Basketball: Katie Douglas: $15-20
Signed Basketball: Shea Ralph and Svetlana Abrosimova: $30
Signed Basketball: 1997 New England Blizzard Team: 12 signatures including Jennifer Rizzotti: $50
Springfield Spirit: 2002 Autographed Team Photo including Rebecca Lobo, Sue Bird, Kara Wolters and Swin Cash: $50 to 60
Several Sue Bird Signed 8 x 10 photos in olympic uniform, UConn Jersey, Storm jersey: $20 to $25 each

I am not an expert in this type of thing. Do those values seem about right? Thank you in advance.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The basketballs are probably a little underpriced. On the autographs - tough, WBB players sign thousands of autographs for free so ... not sure why you are asking, but ... if you are thinking of selling these items, can I make a suggestion at least for the Uconn related items. Find a charity in CT that has silent auctions or other fundraising sales/gift drives and donate the item to them. Generally this will bring in much more money than a straight sale by an individual and you can get a fairly decent tax deduction that may offset the lost cash from a sale. CPTV used to offer the basketballs for gifts in the $800 - 1500 range for example.

Reaction Score
I'd think the Sue Bird memorabilia would be worth more just because of how big of a name she's been for women's basketball for years.
And Katie Douglas went to Purdue, but I just remembered she played for the Sun for some time. So did Lindsay Whalen.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The New England Blizzard ball is probably the most "interesting" of the lot, although I think it could be difficult to find who might be interested.

And the silent auction idea can work. I have a very limited number of signed items that I bought at silent auction, certainly for more than they were worth - but worth it for the cause, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom