UConn Women's Incoming Class Getting Acclimated To Husky Way | The Boneyard

UConn Women's Incoming Class Getting Acclimated To Husky Way

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
On their Snapchat stories, they've been calling themselves the "Fantastic Four."

"It's a lot to live up to," Mikayla Coombs said.

It will take a few years before UConn basketball fans know if the celebrated incoming freshman class is packed with superheroes. And one month into their life in Storrs, the Fantastic Four understand their spot in Husky Universe.

In fact, the title of their group text is a more accurate depiction of their place: "Freshies." Jumping into the deep end of the pool with the most demanding and successful program in the country, the four highly recruited players are adjusting and learning to keep their heads above water.

They were at the Hartford Golf Club on Monday for the annual Geno Auriemma's Fore The Kids Charity Golf Tournament, which supports the orthopedics program at Connecticut Children's Medical Center. The entire UConn roster was at the event, including transfers Azura Stevens and Batouly Camara.

[LINK]

$

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
After you click on the link above the picture. go to sports, then click on UConn women, then find the article. For some reason, the link is not working.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On their Snapchat stories, they've been calling themselves the "Fantastic Four."

I can only imagine the comments if a ND or TN frosh class used that phrasing.

Reaction Score
I can only imagine the comments if a ND or TN frosh class used that phrasing.

TN an ND fan board would have the same reaction for their players as Uconn Fan's now have for these
Nice 4 kids---now that you have defined yourselves as Fantastic---prove it on the court.
That's a term best left to the Fans---
Geno recruits top players with EGO's (not a bad word, it means they have ultra confidence)--and these 4 are no less--every time I think Ego--I immediate think DT---wonder why???

Reaction Score
Geno is going to have a heyday with this when they screw up. I am sure this will happen once or twenty seven times during the season. He will be dripping with sarcasm, really.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know, within their life's experience they've been extraordinarily successful and now they are joining the best program in the country. Why wouldn't they be confident?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom