UConn Women's Basketball Pregame - Temple | The Boneyard

UConn Women's Basketball Pregame - Temple

Reaction Score
My favorite Geno quote from these vids: "You have to be able to win games when you don't make shots. And we did."

KLS: "She [Kia] usually guards the best player."

Reaction Score
What Geno seems to be saying is that UConn can't win for winning. If the Huskies blow everybody out it's a yawn, and if the team plays someone close it's that we "suck." The good news with the current injury to Kia is that we do have a few other guards who are very capable. Imagine if it were Pheesa or Gabby who went down. After them, there's no one. So: buck up, all, tomorrow night Temple feels our wrath and provides our redemption. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
What Geno seems to be saying is that UConn can't win for winning. If the Huskies blow everybody out it's a yawn, and if the team plays someone close it's that we "suck." The good news with the current injury to Kia is that we do have a few other guards who are very capable. Imagine if it were Pheesa or Gabby who went down. After them, there's no one. So: buck up, all, tomorrow night Temple feels our wrath and provides our redemption. Go Huskies!
I predict a big show from Lou. Could be wrong, but I think she's ready to break out of her shooting slump.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Interesting in the video with Lou, she switcher her hair to the Bonnie(older sister) braided pony tail. I wonder if she will keep it for the game, or go back to the LouBun!

Reaction Score
" ... can't win for winning." So true. Thanks for telling it the way it is!!!

Reaction Score
Interesting in the video with Lou, she switcher her hair to the Bonnie(older sister) braided pony tail. I wonder if she will keep it for the game, or go back to the LouBun!
I missed that. What I saw were the bags under her eyes.... These kids need some time off....

Reaction Score
If one of my grandkids was rocking back and forth like Lou was in the interview, I'd be asking them if they needed to use the 'loo'. ;)

Reaction Score
If one of my grandkids was rocking back and forth like Lou was in the interview, I'd be asking them if they needed to use the 'loo'. ;)
She does that a lot even in post-game interviews.

Reaction Score
Speaking of the interviews, does anyone know the identity of the guy in red behind Lou (also behind Geno in the his interview). He's one of my "favorite" awful question interviewers. Assume he's local press, but who. BTW, Lou could be bald and she'd still be the loveliest lady on the court.

Reaction Score
" ... can't win for winning." So true. Thanks for telling it the way it is!!!
A lot of long time fans, i.e 20 or so years, while it feels comfortable to be winning by 30--have lived through a fair share of close games--and ENJOYED them as well, if not better. My OPINION--real Basketball fans don't really like to sleep their way through blowout after blow out--it's nice to intersperse those with REAL games once in a while. The early season games --were great fun because no one was sure if Uconn would actually win. That made the WIN that much more enjoyable.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
BTW said:
Absolutely agree that Lou is always the loveliest lady on the court. Talent and beauty are a winning combination.

Reaction Score
I am looking forward to the game tonight.

I suspect Temple to collapse the paint like last game. I am hoping to see the ball kicked back out to the guards so they can catch and take the open shot. Too many turnovers in the paint last game when Gabby and Pheesa were tripled teams down there.

GO Huskies!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Was the Tulane game an omen of things to come, or merely an aberration? The fact that Tulane almost beat UConn gives one pause for concern. UConn was able to pull out a squeaker 63-60, but Tulane was able to hang around until the very end, and had a chance to tie the game at the buzzer with a 3-point shot that fell short. Omen or aberration, it should at least serve as a wake-up call.

Tulane gave the Huskies everything they had as they held UConn to a season-low 28 first half points. Tulane held UConn to 38 percent from the field and 30 percent from behind the arc. Tulane had four more field goals and two more made 3-pointers than the Huskies. Tulane also forced six more turnovers, however they shot 22 less free throws and were out rebounded 44 to 31. The Huskies were able to score 13 more points from the charity stripe, as the Green Wave committed 22 personal fouls compared to UConn’s 13. Tulane showed that if teams can get Collier into foul trouble, the UConn offense lacks an inside presence. Even with the foul trouble, Collier was the reason why the Huskies were able to hang on. She had 26 points, she also grabbed 12 rebounds, marking her 10th double-double of the year.

Tulane caught UConn on an off-night for Williams and Lou. Nurse's absence in the lineup was also obvious. The chemistry and flow is different without her. Williams was able to grab 14 rebounds for the second straight game but shot 4-of-10 from the field for nine points, and had five turnovers. Samuelson has been struggling from the field the last few games, despite scoring 17 points. The Huskies have spent the last 3 days trying to right the ship.

We'll see this evening if their attention to detail over the past 3 days pays off or not. I think it will. Geno is a master at making adjustments; especially on the fly and during halftime. The Owls last defeat came against UConn at home 97-69. No doubt they will be looking to avenge that loss. Carnac sez - They come up short again tonight. UConn wins this one 66 - 53.

Reaction Score
Have seen a hand full of videos of practices and she seems to go with hair down often...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom