OT: UConn Women Up 65-9 In Second Half | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: UConn Women Up 65-9 In Second Half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That's ok. Just remember we have three basic rules here.

1) Don't post links to smack talk on other messageboards
2) Don't speculate on transfers without a credible media source
3) Make sure you have proper verb-implement agreement in violent zoological imagery

There's might also be a rule about never playing cards with someone named after a city, but I may be confusing the Boneyard with Teen Wolf.

So I can go back to dating women with tattoos of daggers on their bodies?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
I love the summary on the SMU website: DALLAS (SMU) - The SMU women's basketball team fell to No. 2 Connecticut, 87-28, on Sunday afternoon at Moody Coliseum. SMU (4-11, 0-4 The American) was led by Morgan Bolton, who netted a team-high nine points. Kiara Perry chipped in with eight points and three assists, while Alicia Froling added six points and six rebounds. Freshman Stephanie Collins, playing in her first career home game, recorded one rebound, one block and one assist in 18 minutes off the bench. UConn (14-1, 4-0 The American) built a big lead early in the first half and would carry a 47-9 advantage into halftime. The Huskies shot 54 percent from the field, including a 47.6 percent clip from beyond the arc. In the second half, the Mustangs heated up from three-point land, hitting a three-pointer on three consecutive possessions. Bolton hit three triples and Perry hit two, all in the second half. The Huskies' Breanna Stewart led all scorers with 19 points, while Gabby Williams added 12 points and 16 rebounds. Moriah Jefferson also recorded a double-double for UConn with 11 points and 10 assists. The Mustangs return to the road for a conference matchup with USF on Wednesday, Jan. 14, at 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT in Tampa, Florida.

Way to get that 1-1-1 line in there.

Reaction Score
Besides ND, who else was challenging them in the BE? I understand this conf is worse, but let's not act like they were in battles in the old conference either.

At first in the early 90's, Providence was the main threat. PC was then replaced by Rutgers for a while before ND became evolved into a conference and national grudge match, essentially replacing and combining Rutgers and Tennessee. Miami, Syracuse, and St. John's showed up for a season or two. Towards the end of the Big E, Louisville also became competitive.

Reaction Score
I love the summary on the SMU website:

DALLAS (SMU) - The SMU women's basketball team fell to No. 2 Connecticut, 87-28, on Sunday afternoon at Moody Coliseum.

SMU (4-11, 0-4 The American) was led by Morgan Bolton, who netted a team-high nine points. Kiara Perry chipped in with eight points and three assists, while Alicia Froling added six points and six rebounds.

Freshman Stephanie Collins, playing in her first career home game, recorded one rebound, one block and one assist in 18 minutes off the bench.

UConn (14-1, 4-0 The American) built a big lead early in the first half and would carry a 47-9 advantage into halftime. The Huskies shot 54 percent from the field, including a 47.6 percent clip from beyond the arc.

In the second half, the Mustangs heated up from three-point land, hitting a three-pointer on three consecutive possessions. Bolton hit three triples and Perry hit two, all in the second half.

The Huskies' Breanna Stewart led all scorers with 19 points, while Gabby Williams added 12 points and 16 rebounds. Moriah Jefferson also recorded a double-double for UConn with 11 points and 10 assists.

The Mustangs return to the road for a conference matchup with USF on Wednesday, Jan. 14, at 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT in Tampa, Florida.

Same PR guy who wrote about the glorious history of Rutgers athletics and BC football?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wouldn't that just be axing baby seals? Unless you used the butt end, but then you'd have to be careful with your hands.
Baby seals don't talk so it is pointless to ax them anything.

Reaction Score
Over the last 5 years of the Big East, the women's teams routinely put 7-9 teams in the women's NCAA tournament, similar to the men's teams. The Big East was "The League" for College Basketball (men or women). Notre Dame & Louisville both played in Championship games, so it's not exactly like the UConn women were playing in a chop liver conference, like the AAC is now for them. Our women face similar challenges to that of our men, that of needing to play a difficult out of conference schedule to help strengthen their RPI, etc. They have definitely have played a difficult OOC schedule this season if you look at their schedule. They play #1 South Carolina next month. They are definitely a well oiled machine right now. I'd love a laugher like they do so often.

We just need to get out of the AAC... I'm ok with Cincy, Temple & Memphis but the rest, ugh! It will be interesting where SMU men's basketball goes. I don't think Larry Brown is sticking around that long.

Ok Dove here goes:

A "difficult OOC schedule" for the women is a lot different than at the same for the men. The reason, the difficulty of playing 1-40 ranked teams in the men is parity vs the obvious for the women. This will never be comarable unless they stumble mightily like they did vs Stanford earlier. That would now be a 30 point blowout. The teams they've played OOC have not been in the game at halftime yet including the highly ranked teams. And admittedly the Big East was catching up a bit, the only consistent competition will be in the tourney. Maybe USC at their place but my guess is the usual result "nice game, you played them hard and were in it for 15 iminutes so congrats". Different world, period!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Its like this in almost every womens athletic catagory in college.
There is no Million dollar after school contracts (ok maybe 1 or 2 but not several as in men's pro sports) and women who are really good aren't necessarily trained to pursue pro sports - Olympics yes.
I also wonder why someone who is the best in their state in basketball would chance it and go to UConn where they may sit on the bench. There are more women willing to do this and probably close to zero male athletes.
The dominance is great for the fans of that team but makes for poor viewership and really waters down the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom