UConn women to face one of the top players in the country in matchup with No. 21 Villanova, Maddy Siegrist | The Boneyard

UConn women to face one of the top players in the country in matchup with No. 21 Villanova, Maddy Siegrist

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Less than a week after blowing out DePaul and Aneesah Morrow, UConn women’s basketball will face another one of the best players in the country on Sunday. The No. 5 Huskies (19-2, 11-0 Big East) will take on the No. 21 Villanova Wildcats (18-3, 7-1 Big East), led by Big East preseason player of the year Maddie Siegrist, at the XL Center.

Reaction Score
Uconn has 4 top scorers on the team Villanova has 1 top scorer. Uconn in team stats, leads Villanova in 10 out of 12 categories. Uconn has the nations assist leader on their team and assists means scoring points. Uconn in a cakewalk. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Uconn has 4 top scorers on the team Villanova has 1 top scorer. Uconn in team stats, leads Villanova in 10 out of 12 categories. Uconn has the nations assist leader on their team and assists means scoring points. Uconn in a cakewalk. GO HUSKIES!!!!
I watched Villanova destroy Creighton. This is not a cakewalk; they are easily one of the best five teams we will face all season.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I watched Villanova destroy Creighton. This is not a cakewalk; they are easily one of the best five teams we will face all season.
Final score? :rolleyes:

Carnac

Reaction Score
I’m thinking UConn at home, 5 players that can score in double figures versus two. Leading in 10 of 12 categories......I like UConn by at least 12.

Reaction Score
I think the key to this game is not how we stop Siegrist but how they stop Edwards and Dorka inside. We also have Lou when we need a bucket and they don't. We can stop Siegrist with Edwards and Griffin. If they use Siegrist on Edwards she will get her in foul touble. No one has stopped the Mask of Huskyville yet. I dont think they will get to 60 on our defense. 84-56

Reaction Score
I like UConn's defense and Geno's ability to plan on dealing with a top scoring player.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This UConn team is very focused on what needs to be done. Siegrist is good. UConn is better. You also have to consider Olsen and Burke for Nova.

Keys to the game. Keep Siegrist in check. We have Edwards and Griffin for that. Limit Olsen and Burke. Olsen is a 5'9' shooting guard. Burke is a 6'0" play maker. We have the defenders to blanket both.

We did it last year in the BE tournament. We will do it again today.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Villanova’s point guard, Lucy Olsen, is 4th in the country in assist to turnover ratio and teammate Brooke Mullin is 13th. Villanova is a smart team that passes the ball well.

Villanova is #1 in the Big East in scoring defense, blocked shots, turnover margin, and A/TO ratio. UConn may very well have an easy win but they could also have a let down game after an emotional win on the road.

Did you forget what happened last year? By the way, I’m still not a fan of disrespecting opponents. It delegitimizes the Huskies wins

27073B95-0BBF-4372-8A4F-F2FCFE3B3F4D.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom