UConn women’s freshmen are eager to make some noise on the court | The Boneyard

UConn women’s freshmen are eager to make some noise on the court

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By ALEXA PHILIPPOU - Aug 12,2020

UConn's group of freshmen describes itself and is seen by their older teammates as not just talented but competitive and eager to learn. And to Geno Auriemma, they’re good enough that they’ll likely be meaningful contributors on the court next season.

Geno: “I think the freshmen are going to contribute immensely to what we’re doing. Not just because they have to, but because they’re really good. We’re going to surprise some people, I think. I think we’re going to be pretty good.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Courant just published an article saying that out-of-state students would not be permitted to remain on campus this fall. What does that mean for UConn's women's basketball roster?

Reaction Score
The Courant just published an article saying that out-of-state students would not be permitted to remain on campus this fall. What does that mean for UConn's women's basketball roster?
It doesn't apply to international students, so three of our players are safe, and I would guess that student-athletes are also exempt from this.

Reaction Score
This is in reference to out of state students that are "online only" classes.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Heck, maybe we can have the 5 non freshman go against the freshman in place of real games :rolleyes:

Paige - Christyn
Nika - Evina
Paith - Liv
Mir - Aubrey
Aliyah - Ana

Autumn - Statistician

Great idea except for Autumn being keeping score. She plays also as a substitute for BOTH sides. ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Reading between the lines from these quotes about the freshmen, Aaliyah Edwards must be even better than advertised

I have a feeling that she will hold her own this year in every game she plays in. She has a quiet and unassuming confidence about her. The scary thing for opponents is that confidence will grow and increase with every game. :cool:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I have a feeling that she will hold her own this year in every game she plays in. She has a quiet and unassuming confidence about her. The scary thing for opponents is that confidence will grow and increase with every game. :cool:
I believe she will have the best season of all the freshmen and there will be some pleasant surprises.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
After October 1 my money is on the freshmen to beat the upperclassmen. ;):D

Heck, maybe we can have the 5 non freshman go against the freshman in place of real games :rolleyes:

Paige - Christyn
Nika - Evina
Paith - Liv
Mir - Aubrey
Aliyah - Ana

Autumn - Statistician

Reaction Score
By ALEXA PHILIPPOU - Aug 12,2020

UConn's group of freshmen describes itself and is seen by their older teammates as not just talented but competitive and eager to learn. And to Geno Auriemma, they’re good enough that they’ll likely be meaningful contributors on the court next season.

Geno: “I think the freshmen are going to contribute immensely to what we’re doing. Not just because they have to, but because they’re really good. We’re going to surprise some people, I think. I think we’re going to be pretty good.”

Gratifying to hear players tout the effort made by the coaches. That effort really sets the tone for the whole squad. Message: "We'll work our butts off for you; you do the same for the team." Doing sets the best example.

Reaction Score
Carnac, I think this is the best freshmen class since Swin Cash & Company. I know that they are freshmen and have a huge learning curve but I also believe they have the talent and mindset to contribute much more than they usual group of youngsters.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Carnac, I think this is the best freshmen class since Swin Cash & Company. I know that they are freshmen and have a huge learning curve but I also believe they have the talent and mindset to contribute much more than they usual group of youngsters.

I couldn't agree more. ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
I'm so damn excited I can't see straight! You can feel the energy way down here in Augusta - Wow.

Hey augusta..............take a number. We're ALL having vision problems right about now. :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Why are you dismissing the best walk-on we’ve had in the last 3 years?

Statistician is important. If she gets in, it will be on the Freshman side.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Better than Stewie, Mo and Tuck ???

I haven’t looked closely at the 3 top teams in our new conference yet, but..........I’m comfortable in predicting that UConn can go undefeated this season. UConn will put a very talented team on the court this year.

There may be some top 10 teams that match up with us, but no BIG East teams. Every BE team has geared up for UConn’s arrival. Every one of them wants to be the first team to beat the Huskies. :eek:

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I haven’t look closely at the 3 top teams in our new conference yet, but..........I’m comfortable in predicting that UConn can go undefeated this season. UConn will put a very talented team on the court this year.

There may be some teams that match up with us, but none of them are BIG East teams. Every BE team has geared up for UConn’s arrival. Every one of them wants to be the first team to beat the Huskies. :eek:
I think Depaul has some talent coming back, plus some good frosh and/or transfers. Doug is excited about his roster. But I really like our roster (too bad it doesn't include Ezi!).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom