UConn women’s basketball roundup: Geno talks 2020-21 team, Texas series delayed, | The Boneyard

UConn women’s basketball roundup: Geno talks 2020-21 team, Texas series delayed,

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By ALEXA PHILIPPOU HARTFORD COURANT - JUL 07, 2020

UConn coach Geno Auriemma doesn’t know exactly when he’ll be able to get his whole team together.

1594119875689.png

Though most players are aiming to arrive in Storrs during the last week of July, it will be much trickier getting the squad’s three international players to the States amid travel restrictions due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This piece seems most critical

Williams and Nelson-Ododa seem poised to lead the team both on and off the court despite their relative youth, Auriemma said.

“This will be their third year of playing a lot of basketball, and if you talk to both of them, they’ll tell you they’re really, really disappointed with the way things went, for them personally, this past year, which is the best thing for a kid to say,” Auriemma said of the junior pair. “They’re like, ‘Coach, I’m not happy. I took a step back. I know what I did that I’m not going to do, and I know what I should’ve done that I’m going to do. And they’re going to be great.”

I understand the step back sentiment for Christyn but I do not really see that in Liv. Her evolution seems pretty steady and is poised to explode. All she needs to do is step up against the top teams.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
With both Aubrey and Mir on the squad that is some awesome athleticism. Gotta wonder how rapidly Mir will advance. Aaliyah Edwards may just start, raising questions no one wants about the starting 5. I just hope they are all practicing and raising those questions on time this year.

Reaction Score
This piece seems most critical

Williams and Nelson-Ododa seem poised to lead the team both on and off the court despite their relative youth, Auriemma said

I understand the step back sentiment for Christyn but I do not really see that in Liv. Her evolution seems pretty steady and is poised to explode. All she needs to do is step up against the top teams.

in ONO's case it seems more about a lack of consistency especially on the offensive end of the court..............with her skill set she should be averaging 17/10/3.......

Reaction Score
With both Aubrey and Mir on the squad that is some awesome athleticism. Gotta wonder how rapidly Mir will advance. Aaliyah Edwards may just start, raising questions no one wants about the starting 5. I just hope they are all practicing and raising those questions on time this year.

What makes me smile is that unlike last season there are more than 4 players whom we now feel can start. It's 6 this preseason. That makes for an effective rotation when the 4 other freshmen are considered.

Reaction Score
So true. Last couple years it seemed like we were trying to find a viable 5th starter and this coming year it appears we are try to narrow down to 5 starters which is a good thing!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom