UCONN Woman's Basketball Now Alone on the Mountain Top. | The Boneyard

UCONN Woman's Basketball Now Alone on the Mountain Top.

Reaction Score
uconn.jpg

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Patriots made the Playoffs, but didn't get to the AFC Championship Game. Is that why the Dynasty is over?

IF UConn makes the tournament, but doesn't get to the Final Four, is UConn's Dynasty Over?

What constitutes the end of a Dynasty? Tom Brady with some additional offensive weapons, MIGHT next year get the Patriots back to the AFC Championship game and possibly the Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
.What constitutes the end of a Dynasty? Tom Brady with some additional offensive weapons, MIGHT next year get the Patriots back to the AFC Championship game and possibly the Super Bowl.
The last few seasons, Brady's effectiveness has tended to decline as the season wore on. While not playing horribly, his magic was not what it was in the past. Time eventually catches up with everyone and Brady is no exception. Older players tend to not get better from year to year. The Pats have been carried by their defense all year and that tends to wear them down over the season. Adding one or two players is not going to restore them to their past glory.

Reaction Score
You guys do know UConn is in New England, right?

Last I checked, Bill Belichick is still employed by the Patriots.

Reaction Score
The last few seasons, Brady's effectiveness has tended to decline as the season wore on. While not playing horribly, his magic was not what it was in the past. Time eventually catches up with everyone and Brady is no exception. Older players tend to not get better from year to year. The Pats have been carried by their defense all year and that tends to wear them down over the season. Adding one or two players is not going to restore them to their past glory.
You aware that Brady has been successful because of his coach?

Reaction Score
You aware that Brady has been successful because of his coach?
I thought that was a given. The coach creates the system and certain systems fit certain players. Just like Montana was successful because of Walsh and his West Coast Offense.

Reaction Score
My guess is the Editor said... Only write about 5 dynasties...and No Duplicate sports regardless of whether different gender... SO, UCONN WBB is left out because UCLA MBB got the Basketball selection. :confused: :rolleyes:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Have heard this message MANY times before during the past 20 years. 12 wins - one of the best records in league - does not signify much except this year's version is a few players away from Pat's next Super Bowl.
You guys do know UConn is in New England, right?

Last I checked, Bill Belichick is still employed by the Patriots.

I thought that was a given. The coach creates the system and certain systems fit certain players. Just like Montana was successful because of Walsh and his West Coast Offense.
I believe that the Pats dynasty might continue if both BB and TB12 return next season. But what are the odds of that happening? I also don't think that the playoff loss was not expected by many, even fans. How many teams that go 4-5 over their last 9 games, with consecutive losses and losses at Gillette Stadium can be expected to turn it around in 1 week???
Now, back to UConn's WBB Dynasty posts.

Reaction Score
Wow. How can you include UCLA men's basketball and not include UConn women's basketball? And don't even get me started about Indiana diving. :confused:
This ESPN report was written in 2000, hence UConn is not in the list.
The new one is here: DI Women's Basketball Championship History | NCAA.com
There are lots updates, for example Texas is the dynasty in men's swimming and diving not Indiana now.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Unless of course Brady once again signs his next contract with the Pats in blood.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Once again ESPN disses UCONN Women's Basketball program

Wow. How can you include UCLA men's basketball and not include UConn women's basketball? And don't even get me started about Indiana diving.

My guess is the Editor said... Only write about 5 dynasties...and No Duplicate sports regardless of whether different gender... SO, UCONN WBB is left out because UCLA MBB got the Basketball selection.

No disrespect intended to @SVCBeercats (who posted the original ESPN link), @JonathanXIV , and @PAHuskeyFan , but researching the original link demonstrates that the article was published by ESPN after the 1999-2000 collegiate season, but before the 2000-2001 collegiate season.

For example:
  • With UNC Women's Soccer, the article lists 15 NCAA titles and 12 ACC Championships, the last of which (in both categories) came in 1999. UNC would go on to win both the ACC Championship and the NCAA title in the fall 2000 season. UNC now has 21 NCAA titles and 22 ACC Championships.
  • And Indiana men's swimming likely would no longer be on this list (for winning six straight NCAA titles between 1968 and 1973), as Auburn won six NCAA titles in seven years (from 2003 until 2009) while Texas won eight NCAA titles from 2000 until 2018.

I think it a disservice to ESPN to assert that the network someone "disse[d]" the UConn WBB program "again," when the article was published when UConn had won two NCAA titles (1995 and 2000).

Again, I mean no disrespect. But it pained me to list the accomplishments of UNC in any sport, as doing so is so distasteful (@triaddukefan knows and understands this feeling).[/QUOTE]

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
No disrespect intended to @SVCBeercats (who posted the original ESPN link), @JonathanXIV , and @PAHuskeyFan , but researching the original link demonstrates that the article was published by ESPN after the 1999-2000 collegiate season, but before the 2000-2001 collegiate season.

For example:
  • With UNC Women's Soccer, the article lists 15 NCAA titles and 12 ACC Championships, the last of which (in both categories) came in 1999. UNC would go on to win both the ACC Championship and the NCAA title in the fall 2000 season. UNC now has 21 NCAA titles and 22 ACC Championships.
  • And Indiana men's swimming likely would no longer be on this list (for winning six straight NCAA titles between 1968 and 1973), as Auburn won six NCAA titles in seven years (from 2003 until 2009) while Texas won eight NCAA titles from 2000 until 2018.

I think it a disservice to ESPN to assert that the network someone "disse[d]" the UConn WBB program "again," when the article was published when UConn had won two NCAA titles (1995 and 2000).

Again, I mean no disrespect. But it pained me to list the accomplishments of UNC in any sport, as doing so is so distasteful (@triaddukefan knows and understands this feeling).
There's no date on the link but based on the teams he used and the accolade he gave, I'd agree with @CamrnCrz1974 that the list was posted in 2000 or so. It's really not a relevant list 20 years later...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The story is from June of 2003, according to a comment in the HTML page text. UConn was not yet a dynasty.
There's no date on the link but based on the teams he used and the accolade he gave, I'd agree with @CamrnCrz1974 that the list was posted in 2000 or so. It's really not a relevant list 20 years later...
The story was written in Aug. 23 Wednesday (on top of the page). Only year 2000, Aug. 23 is in Wednesday.

Sorry I feel I am like Sherlock Holmes ...:)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You mean the father of modern forensic science? The first modern criminologist? Well, it seems the game is truly afoot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom