uconn wolf return would be costly$$$ | The Boneyard

uconn wolf return would be costly$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

Well Wolf has some tough decisions to make. May be a good kid overall and just one lapse of judgment but it appears it has cost him big time. I feel badly for the kid but certainly understand Ollie's more hard line approach. I have a feeling Wolf won't be suiting up for the Huskies next season.

Would he have the option of staying in Germany for a year and returning in the fall of 2014 with a scholarship for that season? He would effectively red shirt but I'm not sure how that would work. It would give him a year to work on his game tho... He just couldn't do anything hoops related for earning $$ even in Europe...

Reaction Score
That’s what it would cost up front to be the fifth big-man on a college basketball team. Wolf is behind Tyler Olander, Phil Nolan and recruits Kentan Facey and Amidah Brimah in the pivot.

Huh? He's not behind anyone........they're all competing for a spot and minutes. That is inaccurate. Just because he got in some trouble and would walk on does not mean he won't get a fair shot and if he does I expect him to get a good share of the minutes.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Let's start a Boneyard Scholarship for Wolfie ;)

Reaction Score
He will probably get some scholarships, he isn't going pay full freight

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
He will probably get some scholarships, he isn't going pay full freight
Did you read the article? Scholarships for international students are tough to come by

Reaction Score
He was student athlete of the month so I doubt he'll be paying for all of that.

"Wolf, as an international student, is not eligible for any financial aid, grants or federal loans. There is no financial aid money for him — even need based."

Reaction Score
He's really well dressed. Maybe he streches that 500 bucks a semester for clothes or maybe his folks are loaded. Maybe he's just European.

Reaction Score
I like Wolf, want him to return and all, but after paying for two college tuitions, and still paying on student loans, I have little sympathy.

He had a free ride and blew it. Suck it up and go find the money (like millions of people do) and pay your way, or say goodbye. Its not complicated.

Reaction Score
Wolf, though, is from a country with low tuition. I imagine few if any of his credits transfer. But the ultimate question is, how much is an American diploma worth in Germany? In a country that's notorious for protecting its academic prestige, probably not very much.

Besides, no one has asked how many credits he has left. Maybe finishing his degree will come cheaply.

Reaction Score
I like Wolf, want him to return and all, but after paying for two college tuitions, and still paying on student loans, I have little sympathy.

He had a free ride and blew it. Suck it up and go find the money (like millions of people do) and pay your way, or say goodbye. Its not complicated.
And it's hard to believe a 7 footer with high D-1 bb experience would have difficulty finding available funds. He's almost a non-risk.

Reaction Score
I think a big man with Wolf's shooting ability will be very sought after internationally. Playing at UConn this year, possibly as a starter is a very good idea for Him. He will get much more exposure on a tourney team than he did last year and I think he is probably ready to make a significant jump in on court performance. He had some good moments last year and anyone on this board that played or coached basketball can tell you that one summer of practice and training can make a huge difference in a young basketball player. He has some skills so all he really needs to do is get comfortable and find his spots on the floor. I'd like to see a lot more of Wolf and I consider it a significant loss if he doesn't return. I also think it will slow his career progress quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom