UConn will simply have to win Back-to-Back NCs to go out with a bang! | The Boneyard

UConn will simply have to win Back-to-Back NCs to go out with a bang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I always want UConn to win the NC, but since this could be one of our last seasons as a member of the BE, I want us to leave our mark and show everyone how dominant the BE is and unfortunately was.

Reaction Score
That would prove that we are dominant not the conference.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It will be a lousy season no matter how the teams do. There will be a lot of animosity amongst teams and it won't just be bb directed. Fortunately last season took place when it did. UConn can rest on its history even as the school has to start over again.

Reaction Score
It will be a lousy season no matter how the teams do. There will be a lot of animosity amongst teams and it won't just be bb directed. Fortunately last season took place when it did. UConn can rest on its history even as the school has to start over again.

As much as I hate to believe the reality that's happening, uconn will leave the Big East as the top program. Better than Syracuse, Gtown, Nova, St. Johns, all of them. That's nice to think.

Reaction Score
I don't think the players play any differently and the coaches do not coach any differently because teams are shuffling around. We wanted to win before- so did Quse and Pitt. I think the fans want to see their team win the game that could be the last possible BE matchup between each other- it may add drama- but it is not a huge additional motivator for the players.
As an example heading into the Quse game this year- with both team ranked in the top ten (to start the season) you do not need to do anything but show up to get a 100% effort from the players.
This whole topic while important just feels dirty. I hope this ends as quickly as possible so we can focus on a having good year of basketball. We have great players- all the pieces we need to compete with anyone- if this could be done before the season starts at the very least it would make me pretty happy.
There has to be a mad scramble going on behind closed doors right now- holy molly.

Reaction Score
I don't think the players play any differently and the coaches do not coach any differently because teams are shuffling around. We wanted to win before- so did Quse and Pitt. I think the fans want to see their team win the game that could be the last possible BE matchup between each other- it may add drama- but it is not a huge additional motivator for the players.
As an example heading into the Quse game this year- with both team ranked in the top ten (to start the season) you do not need to do anything but show up to get a 100% effort from the players.
This whole topic while important just feels dirty. I hope this ends as quickly as possible so we can focus on a having good year of basketball. We have great players- all the pieces we need to compete with anyone- if this could be done before the season starts at the very least it would make me pretty happy.
There has to be a mad scramble going on behind closed doors right now- holy molly.

Not sure why you see this topic as dirty? My point was simple. It's not like UConn was the program that led the demise of the BE. I simply want the BE to end up on top with us leading the way during the final years of the legendary Big East.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
"Georgetown and Syracuse, emotionally destroyed by UConn's success, and their inability to overcome it, retreat to a weaker BB conference after seeing Andre Drummond drop 30-20 on them in 30 minutes."

Reaction Score
All the departing teams/schools will hear it on the road this year in the BE from opposing fans even though the student athletes are mere pawns in the game. That is a small price to pay for SU & Pitt in what they perceive to be the grand scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom