UConn will make the tournament- Jon Rothstein | The Boneyard

UConn will make the tournament- Jon Rothstein

Reaction Score
I still say we’re top 3 in the Big East. I think Cole and Jackson are being criminally underrated.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Interesting that he mentions Andre playing the small ball 4. I think a lineup like Cole, Bouk, Martin/Adams, Jackson, Whaley can be a really effective lineup because they gang rebound 2-5 so well. We also won’t face that much much size in conference.

Reaction Score
Shocked he would pick us to make it, we might have 2 transfers starting
Why is that shocking? The next time UConn plays, whenever that is they are making the tournament.

Reaction Score
I still say we’re top 3 in the Big East. I think Cole and Jackson are being criminally underrated.

I'm on board with Jackson being underrated but I'm trying to just be cautiously optimistic about Cole.. I have a difficult time putting all hope into a mid-major transfer - I know this has been said dozens of times but I gotta see it to believe it. Not that I think this is impossible, but I am just trying to play it cool - for once.

Reaction Score
Interesting that he mentions Andre playing the small ball 4. I think a lineup like Cole, Bouk, Martin/Adams, Jackson, Whaley can be a really effective lineup because they gang rebound 2-5 so well. We also won’t face that much much size in conference.
I thought Martin was required to sit out?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Well, that's one less thing to have to worry about.
1587751356030.gif

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I'm on board with Jackson being underrated but I'm trying to just be cautiously optimistic about Cole.. I have a difficult time putting all hope into a mid-major transfer - I know this has been said dozens of times but I gotta see it to believe it. Not that I think this is impossible, but I am just trying to play it cool - for once.
Well good thing you won’t have to put all hope into RJ Cole, because we have multiple options across the court. Cole was the go-to guy at a lower level school. Here, he will be just one piece of the puzzle. All we need for him is to facilitate the offense, score when called upon, and play good defense. The question isn’t his talent, it’s whether he can adjust to a different role and being surrounded by better talent. If he fails (highly doubtful), Gaffney will be a sophomore. BAdams will be one year older.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The Big East will put us on the right side of the bubble should it come to that but I have no idea how good or not good this team will be the next time they play. You are looking at 2 or 3 new starters, mostly underclassmen. That's not a recipes for screaming to the top of the standings unless the new guys are not only good but hardworking.

Reaction Score
The Big East will put us on the right side of the bubble should it come to that but I have no idea how good or not good this team will be the next time they play. You are looking at 2 or 3 new starters, mostly underclassmen. That's not a recipes for screaming to the top of the standings unless the new guys are not only good but hardworking.
The only underclassmen that is a starter is Bouk. Everyone else is a junior or a senior

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Fortunately he was low D1 player and not a mid major D1 player if that helps you at all.

Reaction Score
My guess is that how RJ performed in practices vs AG and others..Allows Danny to feel pretty good about him..Maybe even convinced AG to leave realizing he may not get the minutes in 2020 because of what he saw on a daily basis in practice playing vs RJ.. Insiders (and DH) were saying all year RJ was one of the best players. Also think Jalen G played hurt for a decent part of last year.. Expect more speed and burst from him this year..We're good at PG with these two guys.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My guess is that how RJ performed in practices vs AG and others..Allows Danny to feel pretty good about him..Maybe even convinced AG to leave realizing he may not get the minutes in 2020 because of what he saw on a daily basis in practice playing vs RJ.. Insiders (and DH) were saying all year RJ was one of the best players. Also think Jalen G played hurt for a decent part of last year.. Expect more speed and burst from him this year..We're good at PG with these two guys.
Hopefully Jalen G will get rid of the away game yips

Reaction Score
Grammatical correction for clarification..." RJ's performances may have convinced AG to leave.....". Not DH

Reaction Score

Well, I’ve stated my case for Cole several times. I’m not going to get fired up again! I’ll just say he’s going to surprise a lot of you. That is all...

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Jackson is underrated. 247 still somehow has him outside of the top 100. No way there’s 100 kids in his class better than him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom