UCONN WBB Traditions, Keep one, Ditch one, Bring back one | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN WBB Traditions, Keep one, Ditch one, Bring back one

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Something I've always wanted to see and wonder why it's not already done is our players to be the first one to offer a hand to a downed player. If we're supposed to be what everyone else aspires to be, why not go all out and make being a gracious winner an integral part of the program? Just seems like it would be the UConn way, well, the UConn women's way. Can't imagine most men doing it and all the more reason for the women to be doing it. Lift 'em up, bring 'em along. We talk a lot about the elegant passing game and since grace usually accompanies elegance..
Tina Charles use to help others up off the floor early in her career, by the time she was a junior it stopped! Didn't the Big East use to give out awards for Sportsmanship... I think Tina won it a few times.

Reaction Score
Tina Charles use to help others up off the floor early in her career, by the time she was a junior it stopped! Didn't the Big East use to give out awards for Sportsmanship... I think Tina won it a few times.
I recall a few who did but it didn't happen all that often. Don't know why it didn't but am certain that if UConn did it every time it happened before too long everyone would be doing it.

Reaction Score
Geno's newest recruit?:eek:;):rolleyes:

Untitled.jpg

Reaction Score
I suspect the tattoo ban was in deference to the sensibilities of the older fans to whom,
back in their day, tattoos were associated with lower class individuals and unknown
on "ladies".

You can retort "well it ain't their day anymore", but seniors still represent a considerable
fraction of women's basketball fandom.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I suspect the tattoo ban was in deference to the sensibilities of the older fans to whom,
back in their day, tattoos were associated with lower class individuals and unknown
on "ladies".

You can retort "well it ain't their day anymore", but seniors still represent a considerable
And probably make a considerable fraction of the donations.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
KEEP this tradition for the foreseeable future:

ncaa_championship_syracuse_uconn_basketball.jpeg-0cb56.jpg

DITCH this - seems weird to me, don`t really get it:

Screen-Shot-2016-04-05-at-8.08.36-PM.jpg

BRING BACK a beer in the XL Center for less than $9!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
KEEP this tradition for the foreseeable future:

View attachment 17856

DITCH this - seems weird to me, don`t really get it:

View attachment 17857

BRING BACK a beer in the XL Center for less than $9!

Oh My God. Forgot about the coronation. I was mortified. Such a weird demonstration totally at odds with the teams character. I suppose it was a surprise. Otherwise, CD probably would have put the kibosh on it.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Removal of blue ain't easy.

Spent $25 on a tattoo in late 1959 while in the Army. Spent over $1000 in the early 2000s removing it. Blue is a b***buster. Don't ask me why I removed it. I have no clue.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
on "ladies".

today's Senior fans have tattoos... back in the day "Senior Fans" are no longer with use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom