UConn wbb scheduling news update | The Boneyard

UConn wbb scheduling news update

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

UConn scheduling news​

Two of the Huskies’ postponed games now have new dates:
UConn will host Seton Hall on Feb. 10 at 6:30 p.m.
@ Xavier on Feb. 20 (time TBD).
Both games will air on SNY.

*The postponed home game against Villanova this Saturday (Jan 16) has not been rescheduled yet.
Updated schedule below:

#BIGEASTwbb Announces Schedule Updates

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I wish they would have scheduled another team for this Saturday
Agreed. We’ve already had too many long layoffs.

Reaction Score
With the start and stop season we are having this year, I think any evaluation of the team or individual players and what they are or are not, while entertaining, is extremely difficult. There is no rhythm to the season so it is impossible for the team, let alone individual players, to build any real consistency in games. No matter what you try, practices are not games and cannot take the place of game action. Without a consistent pacing to games, it is nearly impossible to build momentum moving through the season. Geno has alluded to this several times.

Reaction Score
I'm sure we all wish there could have been a replacement game for this Saturday but we need to remember that the reason the scheduled one was cancelled was due to a potential issue in the UConn program not the opponent's issue. If we were broken enough to cause the cancellation then we still are.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm sure we all wish there could have been a replacement game for this Saturday but we need to remember that the reason the scheduled one was cancelled was due to a potential issue in the UConn program not the opponent's issue. If we were broken enough to cause the cancellation then we still are.
I believe the issue was Providence not UConn. The reason why we had Saturday's game postponed was because we played against Providence who had a positive case after the game. If UConn had not played them they wouldn't have to postpone the two games. The earliest that they can play is Sunday and I don't believe that there are any Big East teams available except for Villanova, which has already been rescheduled.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I believe the issue was Providence not UConn. The reason why we had Saturday's game postponed was because we played against Providence who had a positive case after the game. If UConn had not played them they wouldn't have to postpone the two games. The earliest that they can play is Sunday and I don't believe that there are any Big East teams available except for Villanova, which has already been rescheduled.
Not quite. The Saturday game (Villanova) was actually postponed before the Wednesday game (Seton Hall) due to issues in the Villanova. The Wednesday game (Seton Hall) was postponed due to issues in the Providence Program=last UCONN opponent.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
and the problems at Providence continue with the Jan 26 game with UConn Postponed

bored ted mosby GIF

Reaction Score
With the start and stop season we are having this year, I think any evaluation of the team or individual players and what they are or are not, while entertaining, is extremely difficult. There is no rhythm to the season so it is impossible for the team, let alone individual players, to build any real consistency in games. No matter what you try, practices are not games and cannot take the place of game action. Without a consistent pacing to games, it is nearly impossible to build momentum moving through the season. Geno has alluded to this several times.
Sounds reasonable, BUT we can provide this evaluation: excepting the top tier teams, none of which we have yet been able to play, every Big East opponent has no chance of coming close to UConn. Our present group is so much better than anything else around our league that we needn't worry.
As for the effect of missing tough competition before meeting a top opponent, even that is a suspect calculation. Remember that the Huskies' practices are allegedly more strenuous than playing other teams.
AND we're pretty much in the same boat as everyone else.

Reaction Score
The Big east's handling of covid has been an unmitigated disaster. They should have played in "bubble" locations with quarantines.

Reaction Score
In the military there is a saying regarding strategy: "The enemy gets a vote." Clearly, the virus gets a vote as well. The virus is not yet tired of us.

It's no longer a question of whether we cancel the season, or postpone the season. The virus is wiping out the season all on its own.

The season is essentially over. All we can hope for is a postponement and a new vaccination program that suppresses the disease in a matter of weeks. Otherwise, it's all over.

The virus has voted.

Reaction Score
Remember that the Huskies' practices are allegedly more strenuous than playing other teams.
AND we're pretty much in the same boat as everyone else.
No team is in the exact same boat. We are very inexperienced in which our star is a freshman and she is "reluctant" to boot. IMO We're at a disadvantage.

IMO not playing any top tier teams hurts us more than others. Practices are overrated when UCONN goes against other elite teams if that is the only calling card. There is no real pressure in practices of if you miss a shot your season is over. And it's the same type of players and style over-and-over. Playing teams with different styles can only help.

Anyhow most of UCONN's great teams that didn't win it-- some of it could be due to not enough pressure in prior games leading up to the eventual defeat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom