UConn WBB Europe Tour (merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn WBB Europe Tour (merged)

Reaction Score
Carnac - I reread your original post. When you talked about seats on the same chartered
plane, I mistakenly took that to mean the same plane that the team was on - hence my
comment about the privileged few. My bad.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I don't thing I have tasted bologna in 20 years and your post has me salivating!
To me bologna is like Spam. A semi repulsive, meat wanna' be, that is disgusting - except when fried. Although Spam can also be very tasty when disguised as Musabi. :D

Reaction Score
Love the exhibition games, but I really hope nobody gets hurt.
I would expect the team to go full speed and strength. UCONN had no time last year with the team on the court together and they start out with quite a few tough games so it will be good to know what's what. As far as injuries go I hope they come through healthy but last year showed injuries happen in a variety of settings.

Reaction Score
I would expect the team to go full speed and strength. UCONN had no time last year with the team on the court together and they start out with quite a few tough games so it will be good to know what's what. As far as injuries go I hope they come through healthy but last year showed injuries happen in a variety of settings.
I too hope no one is injured but if all are 100% cleared, they need to let it all hang out and go for it. This will allow them to develop trust in themselves and finally, hopefully put this two year injury odyssey behind them.
Obviously, I’m no doctor but I have read many times (and it makes sense to me) that playing/acting tentatively once you are fully healed can increase the chances of reinjury due to the fact that your actions/movements are unnatural and tense.
Of course, different people will need varying amounts of time to fully trust their body again but I am hopeful that most of our “walking wounded” will have used this summer break to develop that trust so that they will be able to play free of any lingering doubt or fear.
I only wish I could go along and watch them play. Of course, I also wish I could see them play at Storrs, on the road, in the BE tournament, the NCAA tournament, the FF, and the title game! Oh well, maybe I’ll win the lottery. :rolleyes:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Visitors to Emilia Romagna can try their local version of spam/bologna. It's a pinkish mystery meat sausage served sliced like bologna, except it's larded with large chunks of pure pork fat.

Reaction Score
Pan fried bologna and cheese between two toasted/buttered English muffins. Substitute two slices of summer sausage, and it's even better.
I might have to try this with the English muffins. I have always had the fried bologna with a slice of cheese, sometimes a tomato, on a slice of bread. Never toasted the bread but I am going to give it a try now.

Reaction Score
Damn you people. Now I'm going to have to go out and buy some bologna and fry it up. Also good is fried liverwurst. Both with a slice of cheese. The liverwurst maybe with a thin slice of onion.

Reaction Score
In Bologna they'll have a Nonna teaching them the art of Bolognese and fresh tagliatelle.
One of the best Bolognese dishes I ever had was made with rabbit at this little hold-in-the-wall in Chicago. I wish I could remember the name of the place.
What’s up Doc?

Reaction Score
Visitors to Emilia Romagna can try their local version of spam/bologna. It's a pinkish mystery meat sausage served sliced like bologna, except it's larded with large chunks of pure pork fat.
Are you referring to the Mortadella? If in Bologna one has to try a Mortadella Panino, it's "the" sandwich not only of Bologna but Italy in general.

...by the way one can find the Mortadella pretty much in any grocery store deli counter throughout the US, if you can find a local Italian Import store for sure give it a try.

a43e1aabdd3b3d924974df12ed0de307--bologna.jpg
Mortadellabo-2016-la-4a-edizione-della-Festa-della-Mortadella-Bologna-Igp.jpg

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom