UConn WBB Announces 2020-21 Non-Conference Opponents | The Boneyard

UConn WBB Announces 2020-21 Non-Conference Opponents

Reaction Score
Because I’ve seen it still being asked/talked about in other threads, here is the official release on UConn’s non-con schedule this season (though it will likely be updated later with dates for the Baylor, Scar, and Tenn games):

2020-21 NON-CONFERENCE OPPONENTS
Basketball Hall of Fame Women's Challenge, Nov. 28-29, Mohegan Sun Arena
vs. Quinnipiac
vs. Mississippi State/Maine

vs. Louisville (Mohegan Sun), Dec. 4

at Baylor
SOUTH CAROLINA
at Tennessee

UConn WBB Announces 2020-21 Non-Conference Opponents - University of Connecticut Athletics

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So I went to the School site for this and saw this comment:
The Huskies will open the season in the Basketball Hall of Fame Women's Challenge at Mohegan Sun. UConn will face Quinnipiac on Nov. 28 and the winner of Mississippi State/Maine on Nov. 29”
We seem to taking the the Q game as a win (which it most likely will be yet why no assumption on MSU beating Maine? :rolleyes:
Side note, when seeing the schedule and the Letters BU, I initially thought for a second “wow Quinnipiac and Boston U and finally playing Marissa” then reality re-awoke me and remembered Baylor! Doh...:eek:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Because I’ve seen it still being asked/talked about in other threads, here is the official release on UConn’s non-con schedule this season (though it will likely be updated later with dates for the Baylor, Scar, and Tenn games):

2020-21 NON-CONFERENCE OPPONENTS
Basketball Hall of Fame Women's Challenge, Nov. 28-29, Mohegan Sun Arena
vs. Quinnipiac
vs. Mississippi State/Maine

vs. Louisville (Mohegan Sun), Dec. 4

at Baylor
SOUTH CAROLINA
at Tennessee

UConn WBB Announces 2020-21 Non-Conference Opponents - University of Connecticut Athletics

Any word on if fans will be able to attend any of these?

Reaction Score
Any word on if fans will be able to attend any of these?
So far I haven’t seen anything indicating a clear, universal date or expected date when fans will be able to attend NCAA basketball games (though some schools seem committed to trying to find plans that will allow them to have at least some fans in the stands:
UTEP to allow fans at home basketball games in limited capacity)

This might be a link worth bookmarking in your browser since it’s updated with new info:
The coronavirus and college sports: NCAA reopening plans, latest news, program cuts, more

And one recent article from the NCAA:
College sports and the coronavirus: Latest COVID-19 news, schedule changes

Reaction Score
I don't know about Connecticut, but here in Nevada they can have fans up to 10 percent of capacity.

I just talked to Mohegan Sun and she said "not at this time and unlikely" - asking specifically about the Dec 4 game but also for any they may know about.

Checking their event calendar all Arena events are cancelled to the public through the end of the year, but I asked the rep I talked with to confirm and she said yes there is nothing this year for attendance.

She did add that mgt is monitoring the situation and would like to reopen more capacity.

FYI - the voice message on their line before you can get to a rep says they are doing temperature checks before patrons can enter the gaming area - so, IF we are allowed back that may be a precaution as well as masks.

Reaction Score
So I went to the School site for this and saw this comment:
The Huskies will open the season in the Basketball Hall of Fame Women's Challenge at Mohegan Sun. UConn will face Quinnipiac on Nov. 28 and the winner of Mississippi State/Maine on Nov. 29”
We seem to taking the the Q game as a win (which it most likely will be yet why no assumption on MSU beating Maine? :rolleyes:
Side note, when seeing the schedule and the Letters BU, I initially thought for a second “wow Quinnipiac and Boston U and finally playing Marissa” then reality re-awoke me and remembered Baylor! Doh...:eek:
Hopefully, we won't be playing the loser of Mississippi State/Maine. Quinnipiac playing the loser of Mississippi State/Maine is fine with me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom