UCONN vs Western Michigan 2nd Half Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UCONN vs Western Michigan 2nd Half Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One of the things I will be looking for after the game is whether the staff can do a good job of analyzing the players and making changes where they need to be made. I think Taylor Mack needs to be given an opportunity. And we need to find a second tailback.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Wilburn getting savaged. Sad to see...

He is losing the game by himself. He is awful...has not made one good play in a UConn uniform. Not one. Where is Taylor Mack?

F

fortebleedsblue

I thought we had a Vetran secondary... I guess Blidi = our entire secondary.

Reaction Score
This kid is quite a QB and they have some very good WRs too. Two drives in a row right down the field. Uconn dreams of driving like that.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
We need a tail back that can get 4 yards when there is 4 yards of blocking.

McCombs dances and goes east/west and goes down with a stiff breeze.

Reaction Score
We need a tail back that can get 4 yards when there is 4 yards of blocking.

McCombs dances and goes east/west and goes down with a stiff breeze.
I think he is serviceable and will continue to develop obviously, but I am surprised by his lack of BIG speed, given how small he is.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
One of the things I will be looking for after the game is whether the staff can do a good job of analyzing the players and making changes where they need to be made. I think Taylor Mack needs to be given an opportunity. And we need to find a second tailback.

They haven't done that all season, so i would imagine not

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Who wants this Game more??? WM looks like.
i've never liked that analogy as to who wants it more. the team that "looks" like it is better prepared, better coached, and/or has better players...

WMU 450+ total yards, 25 first downs...
UCONN 306 total yards, 13 first downs...

both of those are reflected in the score of course. congrats to WMU. i have a hard time seeing how UCONN even ends up .500 this year...

Reaction Score
One thing I'd do is OPEN up the competition at CB opposite Gratz... Wilburn can't handle it at this level of play... I'd also have these guys do tackling drills... horrendous job this week...

A CB should "get it" after a while of giving a cushion to the WR he's covering and constantly (I mean constantly) giving up FIRST DOWN yardage in front of him... unexceptable.... That ain't coaching that's ability... instincts...

Reaction Score
Many players were quoted in the preseason saying how the "like" the fact that Coach P was more low-key and not as controlling. What do I see? An undisciplined team.

Biggest thing missing from FHCRE. I don't see any discipline. At all. Missed assignments on specials, high stepping into the end zone. I understand that we don't have the talent of last year, I think we all do. But show some discipline, and play with class!!!!! Driving me crazy.

And coaches, if a player is taking dumb penalties, consistently getting burned, or blowing special teams assignments, take him out of the game!!!!

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
What do McEntee and Co. have left? Let's find out...

Reaction Score
This kid is quite a QB and they have some very good WRs too. Two drives in a row right down the field. Uconn dreams of driving like that.

Yeah, can't take anything away from him. Excellent qb, he has been playing well all season. Shameful that we are allowing him to complete 70 % of his passes, and he has thrown a ton.

It is going to be bad in Morgantown. Really bad.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
FUC RE - He wanted MD. It was his "dream" job.

let's find a way to win today

Reaction Score
McEntee CANNOT sit there in the pocket waiting to get sacked ... He just can't do that... Here's hoping something good happens in this, probably, our final offensive drive...

Reaction Score
I think he is serviceable and will continue to develop obviously, but I am surprised by his lack of BIG speed, given how small he is.
He's small, but slow!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog