UCONN vs Western Michigan 1st Half Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UCONN vs Western Michigan 1st Half Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coach PP looks a senile old man who wandered out of the stands. The watercooler is more inspiring.

Lol. He looks healthy up at a podium but during games he looks like he's in a Preperation H commercial.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
We can't bust a grape up front.

I'm frustrated. Halftime. Gotta go do some chores...

F

fortebleedsblue

Why not take that out nick??? Who cares if tackled at ten?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

I'm not saying it's the coaches but Williams is awfully hesitant to run the ball on any type of special teams.... Untypical of a returning national leader.

Reaction Score
I really miss Robbie Frey. Just think McCombs would have made a nice complementary back for him.

Anyhow we have a very weak running game due to lack of depth. The 2-ring QB circus is a joke. Why not return the kick with 22 secs left? We can still win this game if the coaches and players can learn from the first half and start kicking some you know what in the second.

epark88

Reaction Score
Yes. The defense is very good. Top 25 quality.

Yup, quality guys on the D, no doubt.

They make plays, but they tend to not make THE play. See the end of the Vandy and ISU games...

Reaction Score
I'm not saying it's the coaches but Williams is awfully hesitant to run the ball on any type of special teams.... Untypical of a returning national leader.

So what are you saying?

You think a coach is instructing him to be hesitant?

Reaction Score

They make plays, but they tend to not make THE play. See the end of the Vandy and ISU games...
Well it doesn't help that our offense can't keep them off of the damn field. The D must be gassed at the end of games.

Reaction Score

They can only do so much. When you continuously have to go in after 3's and outs from the O, it's tough. Despite that, they are a top 20 D (statistically, not just my opinion)

There is no defense that can just flat shut a team out consistently.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Stop the stupid mistakes and go back to the slants and short passes that worked last week. This offense is so predictable.

Reaction Score

I think you make a great point. This has been the team's problem for a LOOONG time. I also think that with how generally useless the offense is, the D gets no rest, and is so often put in bad field position that shrinks the D's margin of error since it often only takes 1-2 first downs for the other team to immediately be in FG range.

Reaction Score
I'm considering this a red-shirt season for this coaching staff. As a unit they are terrible this far. Maybe Coach is a little rusty..so next season will be better.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
At least I'm a Dolphins fan... oh wait #%@# Damn it! fml.

Reaction Score
We may end up with more penalty yards than offensive yards by the end of the game.

epark88

Reaction Score
#fml
#fml
#fml
#fml
#fml
#fml
#fml...

Reaction Score
I'm considering this a red-shirt season for this coaching staff. As a unit they are terrible this far. Maybe Coach is a little rusty..so next season will be better.
This is CLEARLY that... I feel bad for the kids because they have to burn a year of their elgibility in the process of learning what they needed to learn in practice in a real game....

Reaction Score
btw, Wilburn should NOT be starting.... Taylor Mack looked much better when he played ahead of him last season as a true frosh....

Reaction Score
Why the smallest RB at the goal line? dumb dumb dumb

edit: it works out. TD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members