UConn vs Vanderbilt thread | Page 41 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Vanderbilt thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
How many times are these announcers going to say Vandy's 2-0??? I agree with another poster, we gave them this win and they are going to suck in the SEC, but we are also going to suck in the BE. PP made the one decision that cost them the game. You need to let the defense protect a 7 point lead with 6:00+. Sorry, SNY announcers I cannot accept writing off this year to let McEntee learn to play QB. I want to win dammit and he sucks.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The really scary part is that Mac was the "winner" of the QB competition. If McCummings is the turnover machine we are led to believe, then it has to be Nebrich going forward and hope he grows into the job. And I don't think McCombs can hold up for a full season with that many carries.

Reaction Score
The defensive and special teams units deserve a big apology from the offense, HCPP, and offensive coaches

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Some where, Edsall is leaning back in his chair and cackling.

...and realizing that he did not recruit a single player who has scored a TD on offense against a real team in 12 quarters. He should be embarrassed.

This. Is. His. Mess.

Reaction Score
He wouldn't have thrown it on that 3rd and 9.
that's too easy a second guess, but one thing i'm sure of is Mike Box would have been under center if he was here. Whatever, that's a waste of time arguing. One thing is for sure, if we're going to look this freakin awful on O, lets do it with the freshman and see how he does, cuz the QB play was the worst. Terrible loss and a waste of a great defensive effort

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The return team won't be getting any game balls either.
The defensive and special teams units deserve a big apology from the offense, HCPP, and offensive coaches

Reaction Score
...and realizing that he did not recruit a single player who has scored a TD on offense against a real team in 12 quarters. He should be embarrassed.

This. Is. His. Mess.
Oh, I know. But he's not here to deal with it. Hence the cackling.

Reaction Score
Nebrich cannot be worse than Mac was tonight. If Mac is really the best we have we might not win another game this year. Given that, Nebrich has to start because he at least has the tools. Unless they make major improvements, this season will be a wash either way.

Reaction Score
It's like The Waterboy. Lets punt on first down and hope the defense puts up points.
What's the word with Shoemate?

Reaction Score
Well.....I think they have to look at Nebrich. After a game like this....the rest of the team has gotta be questioning the QB....and if they don't believe they can with with McEntee....then they CAN'T win with him. They need someone/anyone to believe in.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
McEntee has no deception in his game at all, no scrambling ability, instincts such as when to just get rid of the ball, and stares down his receivers. These are instincts that you either have or you don't, they can't be coached into you. Scary.

Reaction Score
He wouldn't have thrown it on that 3rd and 9.
Have to agree with that...it would have been Todman up the middle, a punt, and let the D do their work.
That offensive showing rivaled the Louisville game from last year.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
McEntee has no deception in his game at all, no scrambling ability, instincts such as when to just get rid of the ball, and stares down his receivers. These are instincts that you either have or you don't, they can't be coached into you. Scary.

At least he's here next year!

Reaction Score
Iowa State's no slouch... They beat Iowa today... Gonna be another test for us..

Reaction Score
First---McEntee is not going to be the guy and there is little reason to invest a lot in him especially since we have already blown Nebrich's redshirt and McCummings is a redshirt frosh...........I think we have to suck it up and go with Nebrich and McCummings as the option...........it may be a bit like Orlovsky's first year, but maybe we will get lucky and those guys will develop faster since there is some running offense.

Second, McCombs needs some help.............where is Shumate ( I gotta believe he must still be hurt) and Foxx has already blown his redshirt. At the rate we are going, we are going to be as predictable as last year, and then we are going to wear out McCombs.

Third, our defense was outstanding---even with a couple of big misses---this is going to be our genuine strength and there is some depth. As good as they are, they cannot be expected to win games by themselves.

Fourth, our O line was not good ---we need some toughness which should be there, but was not there tonight.

And finally, anybody who saw the Iowa State game knows we are in for a much tougher game---their quarterback is unstoppable as a passer and runner ---he is a do it all guy who can single handedly beat you.

Pasqualoni's honeymoon is now over---he has to show that he can get it done.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The return team better pick it up next game. As I mentioned on another post, ISU has a great punter. The return guys looked like they didn't even want to catch the ball today.
First---McEntee is not going to be the guy and there is little reason to invest a lot in him especially since we have already blown Nebrich's redshirt and McCummings is a redshirt frosh...........I think we have to suck it up and go with Nebrich and McCummings as the option...........it may be a bit like Orlovsky's first year, but maybe we will get lucky and those guys will develop faster since there is some running offense.

Second, McCombs needs some help.............where is Shumate ( I gotta believe he must still be hurt) and Foxx has already blown his redshirt. At the rate we are going, we are going to be as predictable as last year, and then we are going to wear out McCombs.

Third, our defense was outstanding---even with a couple of big misses---this is going to be our genuine strength and there is some depth. As good as they are, they cannot be expected to win games by themselves.

Fourth, our O line was not good ---we need some toughness which should be there, but was not there tonight.

And finally, anybody who saw the Iowa State game knows we are in for a much tougher game---their quarterback is unstoppable as a passer and runner ---he is a do it all guy who can single handedly beat you.

Pasqualoni's honeymoon is now over---he has to show that he can get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom