UConn vs USF Replay | The Boneyard

UConn vs USF Replay

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It's more like "ESPN announcers babbling on and on with a bball game in the background". :)

Reaction Score
Good grief!
They are the two worst of all time. By not doing a standard play by play they are demeaning the women's game by , in effect, implying that it is not interesting enough by itself, so we have to talk it up for our audience to find it interesting. If that was ever done in a men's game, I don't care who was playing, they would never be on the air again. Imagine them doing that nonsense if the Duke men were playing in a blow out game?

Reaction Score
They are the two worst of all time. By not doing a standard play by play they are demeaning the women's game by , in effect, implying that it is not interesting enough by itself, so we have to talk it up for our audience to find it interesting.
I felt they were also disrespectful toward the young women playing the game. Dunno how often USF is featured on ESPN2 in prime time but, wow, the "this game is beneath our contempt" treatment was harsh.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
For the three or four minutes before I turned the sound off they were lamentable! Where do they find these nerdettes?

Reaction Score
I generally watch ESPN games without the sound. I have to wonder who they think their audience is when they start chatting about other stuff during a game. If the game is still in doubt, most viewers want the stats and info on the game. If it is a blowout there are probably only a few types of viewers. First are the fans of the winning team who are relishing the beat down. They certainly dont want to listen to other stuff or have half the picture covered. Then there are the suffering but loyal fans of the losing team. If they are still watching the game, they probably want to hear about the game too! Especially those teams that dont get a lot of TV exposure. There maybe some other groups of hardcore basketball fans too. However I dont think any viewer continues watching just so they can listen to chatter on other topics. Do they really think that the announcers are so entertaining that people who otherwise would tune out will continue watching? I dont!

I wonder why they dont do more with their "experts" I would rather they discussed offensive and defensive strategies more. Some viewers might feel talked down to, but there is plenty to see and explain during a game even when the outcome is not in doubt. It could be fun to have them do an isolated view of an interesting matchup, for example.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom