UConn vs UNH (Friday 1/21/22 @ XL Center @ 7:05pm on CollegeSportsLive & Saturday 1/22/22 @ XL Center @ 4:05) on NESN+ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs UNH (Friday 1/21/22 @ XL Center @ 7:05pm on CollegeSportsLive & Saturday 1/22/22 @ XL Center @ 4:05) on NESN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’m incredibly disappointed in tonight’s performance. Couldn’t complain about last week’s effort vs BU. Except for the last 3 minutes where was the intensity? The new kid, Veilleux hustled his ass off. Hansen was exceptional, kept us in the game. It’s past time for these guys, upper classmen especially, to step it up before it’s too late. How about starting tomorrow @ 4:05…
Oh, having no crowd sucks too.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
We are where we are every season. It’s tiresome.

They won't have the false flag run in February this time. They'll slump.

And win a playoff game off it. Watch!

zls44

Reaction Score
I’m incredibly disappointed in tonight’s performance. Couldn’t complain about last week’s effort vs BU. Except for the last 3 minutes where was the intensity? The new kid, Veilleux hustled his ass off. Hansen was exceptional, kept us in the game. It’s past time for these guys, upper classmen especially, to step it up before it’s too late. How about starting tomorrow @ 4:05…
Oh, having no crowd sucks too.

No crowd, no band- ok, covid weirdness. Still stinks.

Totally checked out on game production, too. Playlist from 2001, not even showing out of town scores. So lazy. So profoundly lazy.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
UNH was 2-7 on the road going into tonight’s game….2-7. Protect your home boys.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
No crowd, no band- ok, covid weirdness. Still stinks.

Totally checked out on game production, too. Playlist from 2001, not even showing out of town scores. So lazy. So profoundly lazy.
We are just not a hockey school…it’s sad.

Reaction Score
We aren’t a hockey-only school like say BU or Northeastern but we are a hockey school among other things yes and we’ve proven that since moving into the hockey east.

We need some juice here. The offense is stagnant. The power play is a complete abomination. Johnny Evans is a non entity centering the 2nd line.

Other than Vermont the lower schools in the HE are starting to up their game. Cavanaigh needs to up his coaching game behind the bench soon

zls44

Reaction Score
Other than Vermont the lower schools in the HE are starting to up their game. Cavanaigh needs to up his coaching game behind the bench soon

Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire and Merrimack all improved this year. I wonder what sort of change they all made recently? Can't put my finger on it...

UConn has just gotten stale.

Reaction Score
It is like watching reruns of Seinfeld. Nothing! When I watch UNH they seem to pass more crisply, have guys in the right places, back check aggressively. Same with BU. We on the other hand just look lazy, disorganized. Everything looks like hard work, including things that shouldnt be. And once again, do we even practice the power play? Or does Cav just throw 5 guys out there and hope for the best.

Reaction Score
No students..................I get it. No pep band..........maybe I get it. No Brass Bonanza........?????????

zls44

Reaction Score
No students..................I get it. No pep band..........maybe I get it. No Brass Bonanza........?????????

Good.

Move on. Stop living in the past. Play the fight song like everyone else does.

Reaction Score
I didn’t even notice that wow. Of course part of that is we only scored once so may have been easy to forget

Reaction Score
I just went through the home schedule and it’s been worse than I thought.
In five home games we have one win and have scored a TOTAL of 6 goals. Just six goals in 5 games.
Chew on that.

Reaction Score
We aren’t a hockey-only school like say BU or Northeastern but we are a hockey school among other things yes and we’ve proven that since moving into the hockey east.

We need some juice here. The offense is stagnant. The power play is a complete abomination. Johnny Evans is a non entity centering the 2nd line.

Actually I though Evans played well for the most part. Got in position, set guys up, but he looks tentative shooting. Not sure why or why he isn’t on the line with the guys from last year. Seems like Cav decided he wants Kondelik to score more so split them up. Kondelik got a few more but Evans got nothing.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Actually I though Evans played well for the most part. Got in position, set guys up, but he looks tentative shooting. Not sure why or why he isn’t on the line with the guys from last year. Seems like Cav decided he wants Kondelik to score more so split them up. Kondelik got a few more but Evans got nothing.
I agree about the tentative shooting. There were at least a couple that he passed instead of putting it on net himself. Too many attempts at the perfect set up. Just shoot the puck. That goes for everyone out there.

Reaction Score
At one point He was just to the left of the slot and passed it to someone at the side of the net rather than shoot it.
That’s not his game. He’s the one who should be finding the spots and waiting for the pass so he can pull the trigger

Reaction Score
Freshman Sasha Teleguine with his first goal in his UConn career to make it 2-1 Huskies late in the 2nd period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom