UConn vs. UNH (1/25 @ XL Center, 1/26 @ Whittemore Center) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. UNH (1/25 @ XL Center, 1/26 @ Whittemore Center)

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Its amazing how often UConn players either just fall over or skate into one another.

How does that happen?!?!?! On the 2nd UNH goal, Newpower just FELL BACKWARDS IN HIS OWN ZONE UNDER NO PRESSURE!!!!
And then made a pretty weak attempt to get back into the play.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
And then made a pretty weak attempt to get back into the play.

Has he ever skated before? How does that happen! You never see teams do that stuff and this one does it ALL THE TIME!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Thing is, they’ve put on ton of pressure on Robinson....but we have a lot of trouble finishing.

zls44

Reaction Score
UConn has played really well tonight, outside of the disaster bit where UNH scored 3x.

Which, well,

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
UConn has played really well tonight, outside of the disaster bit where UNH scored 3x.

Which, well,
I’ll finish....means nothing...lol. That was good.

zls44

Reaction Score
I’ll finish....means nothing...lol. That was good.

They play well. They do.

They're just horribly unlucky (look at some of their shooting percentages) and have the mental toughness of a six-year old.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
They play well. They do.

They're just horribly unlucky (look at some of their shooting percentages) and have the mental toughness of a six-year old.
Frustrating, but with all these freshman, I suppose Cav has another year to show he can finally win. What else can we do?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Not our night....4-0 UNH. Angus Cruikshank....great hockey name by the way...beats Huska.

zls44

Reaction Score
Frustrating, but with all these freshman, I suppose Cav has another year to show he can finally win. What else can we do?

The thing about it is, you are not getting a more qualified candidate than Cav was. No shot. Not with the AD in this bind and with these facilities.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
This has turned into a beatdown....why can’t I turn it off? Starting to look like Custers Last Stand.

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Gendron has not had a good series....rough one last night and not much better tonight.

zls44

Reaction Score
This has turned into a beatdown....why can’t I turn it off? Starting to look like Custers Last Stand.

I turned it off at 5-0. Life's too short.

zls44

Reaction Score
The thing about it is, you are not getting a more qualified candidate than Cav was. No shot. Not with the AD in this bind and with these facilities.

re-emphasizing this before someone idiotically points out how improved UMass and UNH are with new coaches because UConn can't do that right now so stop

Reaction Score
"Apathy has set in across the great city of Hartford, where the Huskies have struggled to generate the type of support they enjoyed last year, when rollicking crowds of up to 7,300+ would cram into the XL Center, creating an intimidating home environment matched by very few."

This support will be tested with 8 home games in the next 6 weeks.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
With no viable on campus arena or practice facility there is zero chance of getting any coach worth a damn. The college coaching pool in hockey is as small as it gets.

The program needs to attract better depth. That is that is missing outside the odd superstar player but you don't need a Hobey winner to compete for championships.

The team cracks like their skates are made of clay because it lacks depth to go entire games/weekends without making mistakes.

zls44

Reaction Score
Yup and Cav should be on thin ice... (Sorry couldn't resist.)

Truthfully, I can't blame anyone for thinking it. The entire basis of my disagreement is thinking they'd have no shot at a more qualified candidate.

They fall down on their own a lot, not just on bad XL ice. They skate into one another a lot. They don't look coached.

zls44

Reaction Score
With no viable on campus arena or practice facility there is zero chance of getting any coach worth a damn. The college coaching pool in hockey is as small as it gets.

The program needs to attract better depth. That is that is missing outside the odd superstar player but you don't need a Hobey winner to compete for championships.

The team cracks like their skates are made of clay because it lacks depth to go entire games/weekends without making mistakes.

The degree to which they recruit internationally, as we've been made to understand, is partially based on how poor the facilities are causing an inability to get the really good New England talent.

I hate that argument for a lot of reasons. It just sounds lazy.

Reaction Score
Its amazing how often UConn players either just fall over or skate into one another.

How does that happen?!?!?! On the 2nd UNH goal, Newpower just FELL BACKWARDS IN HIS OWN ZONE UNDER NO PRESSURE!!!!

I wasn't there yesterday, but did watch the 2-2 tie on Friday night. It was not pretty hockey. I thought that UNH must be pretty bad not to dominate our boys.

I saw some nice sparks (Payusov, El Mir, etc.) but while I like their enthusiasm, the Huskies seem ... well ... they seem unskilled. Simple things like passing to the stick (not the skates). And, I guess, not falling over. Hockey 101.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom