UConn vs. UNC at MSG | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. UNC at MSG

Reaction Score
My wife has two degrees from UNC. We may get a divorce before, during, or after this game. I have every intention of burning any Carolina Blue in my home. Is anyone willing to take me in after she inevitably kicks me out?
Two degrees from there and she married you?
Doesn't say much about the quality of her education..........:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I like to see these "blue blood" games. We kicked down the door of the club, we're sitting on a leather sofa in front of the fire, drinking their Scotch. This is another indication that they know they can't kick us out.

I always liked this game, fan of Jimmy V and what they do. It's important to remember that the Spirit of Jimmy V will not be backing the Tar Heels here. He's on our side.
Did we also give their wives a nice smack on the ass???

Reaction Score
My next door neighbor is a UNC grad. We find common ground in hating Duke.
I thought that hatred was universal but found out otherwise at our neighborhood Christmas Party 3 or 4 years ago when I got on a uNC fan who was boasting about something to do with sports.

I asked him how he can boast about a school with an 15+ year history of academic fraud as evidenced in the Afro and African American Studies "courses" and he immediately turned to one of our nicest neighbors, a Duke grad, and they ganged up on me. Too bad I could quote the facts, and made sure to point out two of their NC's were during the fraud years, but still they showed their ACC bond was stronger than any animosity over their programs.

Reaction Score
Last high profile game I was at in the garden...UConn vs. UK. Man youdathunk it was a UK HOME GAME. Those OG programs travel bruh! We got smoked. Fans need to represent. UNC surely will.
If you're talking about this game, we got smoked in the first few minutes but smoked them back in the next few minutes. They went up12-0 if I recall correctly and one of the two Kentucky fans behind us was literally squealing with excitement.
When we then went on something like an 18-0 run and took the lead I turned to him and said "relax, it's game of runs." He was OK with it and the squealing stopped even when John Wall took over to win it 64-61.

Reaction Score
That's how I was treated by the Michigan State fans at the Holiday Inn in St. Petersburg in 1999 when UConn won. The Ohio State fans and the neutral fans (didn't have favorite team in 1999 Final Four) around Tropicana field treated me like a conquering hero, too. Basically, anyone that was not a Duke fan in Tropicana Field that day was pulling for UConn even if they were not original UConn fans.
Did you notice the mock cheer parody of our UConn cheer the Dukie kids were doing during the game?
U-S-U-C-K, Usuck, Usuck, Usuck
When we saw their fans outside after the win I asked a few of them "who sucks now"?
The little dears were frantically looking for a safe space...........

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
If you're talking about this game, we got smoked in the first few minutes but smoked them back in the next few minutes. They went up12-0 if I recall correctly and one of the two Kentucky fans behind us was literally squealing with excitement.
When we then went on something like an 18-0 run and took the lead I turned to him and said "relax, it's game of runs." He was OK with it and the squealing stopped even when John Wall took over to win it 64-61.
Yup. Nice dig bro. That was the game. I too was surrounded by UK fans. They seemed like a low rent version of entitled, privileged insufferable Duke fans. Energy was off the hook. Didn't remember the score being that close kinda felt like it was almost a fait acompli with all the hype around Wall going in.

Reaction Score
I just finished my MA from UNC. The one and only thing I had in common with my classmates with regard to basketball fandom was the visceral hate for Duke. But take however bad we hate Duke (which is a ton) and x10.
Absolutely - we all agree on the Duke hatred. I still find it hard to root for UNC at all (but my wallet dictates it a bit, lol)...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I go to bat for UConn every chance I can. Just yesterday I asked how many credits she got for weaving her basket.
Oh, you will pay for that, but it still is well worth it.

Reaction Score
One slight alteration to your comment. Their scotch is something pretentious, over priced and not really all that special (probably a blended whisky). We will be drinking what we brought, a quality single malt that most know little about but is in fact superior to anything they've tried.
Some great unintentional humor here. FCF calls something pretentious … then acts pretentious by calling out blended whisky and referencing his high quality single malt. Well played!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We still don't have a date for this game, right?

Reaction Score
I was going to say throw out the records books when the Illini play FAU. But as it turns out, Illinois already lost a home game to FAU.
I remember vivdly that Kofi was on his official visit for that game and I was convinced that them losing that game meant we would land Kofi

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember vivdly that Kofi was on his official visit for that game and I was convinced that them losing that game meant we would land Kofi
Sounds like it turned out, "See how bad we need you! You are the Answer!"

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I like to see these "blue blood" games. We kicked down the door of the club, we're sitting on a leather sofa in front of the fire, drinking their Scotch. This is another indication that they know they can't kick us out.

I always liked this game, fan of Jimmy V and what they do. It's important to remember that the Spirit of Jimmy V will not be backing the Tar Heels here. He's on our side.

LOL so predictable. You like to see these "blue blood games" thinking Kansas is included in that. That's cute. Kansas might as well be Michigan ST. You know who blue bloods are? 5 or + titles.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Oh mine doesn't either. She has--and this is a true story--referred to "shooting a goal" in basketball. It's the roasting her about having a fake law degree that might lead to my divorce.

Basket weaving creidts?

Reaction Score
Did you notice the mock cheer parody of our UConn cheer the Dukie kids were doing during the game?
U-S-U-C-K, Usuck, Usuck, Usuck
When we saw their fans outside after the win I asked a few of them "who sucks now"?
The little dears were frantically looking for a safe space...........
At 1999 FF they were chanting F * * * UCONN UCONN UCONN right after we finished supporting our team. No class- took my dislike of Dook to another level. However waking out of the venue and the drive home was glorious.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
LOL so predictable. You like to see these "blue blood games" thinking Kansas is included in that. That's cute. Kansas might as well be Michigan ST. You know who blue bloods are? 5 or + titles.
In this case I was thinking Carolina was included in that. Good effort though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom