UConn vs. UNC at MSG | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. UNC at MSG

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My wife has two degrees from UNC. We may get a divorce before, during, or after this game. I have every intention of burning any Carolina Blue in my home. Is anyone willing to take me in after she inevitably kicks me out?
I too am married to a UNC grad...luckily she doesn't care about UNC athletics at all. You can come chill with us

May 5, 2023.

When us BY'ers found out two posters are married to the same bi-polar woman living a double life.

Reaction Score
I go to bat for UConn every chance I can. Just yesterday I asked how many credits she got for weaving her basket.
Which couch are u sleeping on tonight??

Reaction Score
Texas, Indiana, North Carolina and Kansas + at least one good OOC home game is quite the OOC lineup. If they play 5 big OOC games, it might be the toughest lineup they've faced in a very long time. Get yourselves to MSG because otherwise, the schedule is going to be full of minnows

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Awesome baby, I'm so there.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Should help the NET.

Always good to play high profile games at MSG.
Last high profile game I was at in the garden...UConn vs. UK. Man youdathunk it was a UK HOME GAME. Those OG programs travel bruh! We got smoked. Fans need to represent. UNC surely will.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reminds me of flying home from Tampa after winning in 1999. Our layover was in Raleigh and I was ready to talk some smack. Instead we were greeted like conquering heroes. Carolina natives love the Tar Heels and hate Duke.
That's how I was treated by the Michigan State fans at the Holiday Inn in St. Petersburg in 1999 when UConn won. The Ohio State fans and the neutral fans (didn't have favorite team in 1999 Final Four) around Tropicana field treated me like a conquering hero, too. Basically, anyone that was not a Duke fan in Tropicana Field that day was pulling for UConn even if they were not original UConn fans.

Reaction Score
My next door neighbor is a UNC grad. We find common ground in hating Duke.
I dont believe in the more than one team thing but if i wasnt such a loyal UConn fan i believe id either be a Kansas or Carolina fan. Have always found myself rooting for one or the other in times im interested enough to care after our guys are out.

Reaction Score
My daughter goes to UNC, and my wife grew up a UNC fan (we live in Raleigh) - I've already started the smack talk....
I just finished my MA from UNC. The one and only thing I had in common with my classmates with regard to basketball fandom was the visceral hate for Duke. But take however bad we hate Duke (which is a ton) and x10.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom