UConn vs UCF game thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn vs UCF game thread

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I saw those as well, and I yelled at the TV for the travel calls, but the refs didn't hear me!

There were lots of other non-calls that should have been calls. And I really don't understand the foul called on KLS when she was backpedaling and trying hard to get out of the way but the UCF player kept dribbling and running right at her. KLS wasn't defending or blocking. She can't just disappear. I think it was either a charge or a no-call, but not a foul on KLS.
The refs heard you. They just ignored you.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
“Crystal was a big factor on both ends,” Auriemma said. “She was a big factor on the defensive ends because this was one of the better defensive games she has played this year. And offensively, I thought her and Saniya did a really good job of pushing the pace, which obviously got everyone else involved.”

Reaction Score
Man, talk about having a silver lining, and searching desperately for that gray cloud...

Remember. If we were to blow everyone out by 50 points then the narrative for some would be the team is having too easy of a time and overdue to inevitably get beat. So once they ultimately lose it will someday be "You see, I told you so"

Reaction Score
Just a few observations from tonights game. I was lucky enough to be sitting pretty close to the floor:

1. Great crowd the arena was probably 80% packed. I know its smaller than XL but it was still a solid crowd. I do miss the Intro/Video of champions are not born but made here at upon video they do at XL. I do get this is not technically a home game but a tournament..

2. Kia looked tentative and not 100% strong especially in the beginning of the game. The first play of the game was a Kia breakaway I was totally holding my breath.

3. UCF came to play today. They have some shooters and played physical. I certainly think we brought our B- game. I know Geno will Not be happy tonight. If we play like this in the final 4 we may not advance. Please don't take that comment as we played poorly i just didn't see our usually defense and crispness. I think we had streaks of that but not the majority of the game.

4. Butler was way off today. She was pissed at her self. She really has worked hard getting in better shape after her thumb injury but she needs to work on agility drills, she is so stiff. Someone page Tony Horton. I wish I got to see more Kyla. Granted I'm NOT at practice but I wish she would get more run, especially in the second half.

5. No Justine- Buzz Kill.

I think everyone just wants to get to the NCAA tournament, this conference is so boring. Fast forward to the elite 8 and let the games begin.

There is little to take away from these games other than getting Kia healthy, getting Danger more confident, and hopefully getting Nat confident. Whether we play B- or C+ etc doesn't mean anything. They aren't going to play consistently A or A+ without Kia Nurse. One game sure. But Kia Nurse has been a starter on championship teams for a reason. You just don't easily replace that with the Saniya/Danger combo and expect the ship will run at near efficient capacity. For example, go back to that Texas game. Nurse was outstanding. She is a shell of that player at the moment. When healthy she gives the team another viable, strong threat.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
There is little to take away from these games other than getting Kia healthy, getting Danger more confident, and hopefully getting Nat confident. Whether we play B- or C+ etc doesn't mean anything. They aren't going to play consistently A or A+ without Kia Nurse. One game sure. But Kia Nurse has been a starter on championship teams for a reason. You just don't easily replace that with the Saniya/Danger combo and expect the ship will run at near efficient capacity. For example, go back to that Texas game. Nurse was outstanding. She is a shell of that player at the moment. When healthy she gives the team another viable, strong threat.

Natalie had a fairly crummy day. She made a couple of good plays, then some mistakes. Even on TV, she appeared to be getting in her own head and failing to concentrate. She will keep working and have a good AAC final. I am not going to give up on her, or ANY of our kids...and I know you won't either.

Reaction Score
Another Dangerfield-to-Collier pass on the break for the lay-in on Sports Center just now, along with "Katie Lou Samuelson joins UConn royalty with this three."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom