UConn vs Tulane game thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Tulane game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And another timeout blown on offense.

Why isn't this getting better 21 games in?

Reaction Score
Fahk. What a surprise. Can't get a play in on time. Coach how bout ah never mind.

Reaction Score
Another wasted timeout. I don't get it, if you choose to run it on 3rd and 3, you should have a plan already for what to do on 4th and short.

Reaction Score
Now that one was a frustrating timeout... Hope it's to substitute Rutherford in.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Run the jet sweep to Thomas

Reaction Score
Why don't we call two plays on 3rd down? You know where you are, you know its going to be 4th and short if you don't make it. The fact that they didn't even know they were going to go for it if they were short is a huge problem. You're in that part of the field where you should know on third and short that more likely then not you are going for it on 4th.

Reaction Score
We most certainly do have talent. Play calling is inept today. Quick throws over the middle are open if called. Only once did we target Meyers over the middle. We threw deep but to Bloom--a tight end--insane call. Our receivers know where they're going--their DB's don't. It's wet. They are strong against the run but weak against passing game. Quick hitting passes are the call. No imagination.

Let me ask a question here.. Do you think the coaches are playing to lose? Do you think they're trying to call plays that will work or will not work? Perhaps the coaches know the limitations of the players involved and that's the way they coach and call plays.. I realize it's silly, but it's just a hunch.. QB isn't the greatest thrower of the ball.. WR's cannot get separation.. OL can't block.. we're a little limited.. OC is using the tools in the toolbox.. simple as that.. the sooner you realize it the better.. try and hold the ball, milk the clock and hope the other team makes offensive mistakes.. that's the plan.. simple as that..

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
God dammit. bloom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads