UConn vs Temple game thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Temple game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Potential skill position recruits aren't going to be blown away by our offense. It's like watching paint dry.

But next year, Shirreffs is back and everyone is a year older. We won't look like this in September 2016.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Thank goodness for Bryant Sheriffs this season. We've all been reminded just how putrid our offense is without him. I hope he'll be okay for our bowl game and 2016.

Reaction Score
Even though Boyle is limited, I think he knows the offense and the personnel better than Andersen and we should go with him. The passes have not been bad except for one but he needs to settle in to pick out the right receiver. It's not going to be perfect but he's the most experienced. QB carousels have not worked for us - ever.

Reaction Score
If we throw on 1st down just once it will completely wreck their world. I've already been heckled more than Santa Claus by these Philly fans give me a reason to cheer

Reaction Score
If I read the posts...and just the post, I'd have thought Temple was up by 28-0. Our D is doing great as usual. Now Garrett needs to be the QB...not Boyle. (We need to tell Boyle to look elsewhere...)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Okay, so UConn has proven it can be totally ineffectual, not score and have zero chance of winning for 30 min.

Let's open up the playbook for the next 30 and try something fun and exciting.

Teme has zero respect for UConn throwing more than 5 yards.

Reaction Score
Even though Boyle is limited, I think he knows the offense and the personnel better than Andersen and we should go with him. The passes have not been bad except for one but he needs to settle in to pick out the right receiver. It's not going to be perfect but he's the most experienced. QB carousels have not worked for us - ever.

Boyle missed a wide open Beals with a terrible overthrow. He pulled out early on a play and got called for illegal procedure. We have seen him in the past. Try Anderson as he may be able to move the chains.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Potential skill position recruits aren't going to be blown away by our offense. It's like watching paint dry.

But next year, Shirreffs is back and everyone is a year older. We won't look like this in September 2016.
Agree, but we also need solid #2. A 2nd concussion to BS and he's out for good. TB is obviously not our #2. All you have to do is watch the Temple D key on Arkeel to know they don't respect TB's arm or legs at all. QB #2 has to be GA or TD.

Reaction Score
How many QB will we have next year? Until NOI day, I see we have 3 unofficially coming in?

Reaction Score
Anderson doesn't have the timing down with the receivers the way Boyle does(LOL like we'll ever see slants and play action passes on first down). What he does possess is a scrambling mentality that Boyle doesn't have. Unfortunately to beat Temple the QB needs both(Boo Hoo No Sherriffs). So.... can Verducci call up short passing plays or screens on first down and maybe a option on second? Temple is loading the box so much that there must be an over the top play they can come up with to get the Owl D to back off.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If we are going to stick with Boyle, and that's a big "if", then please for the love of God let the kid operate from the shotgun. Under center, he even kills our ability to run the ball! And oh yeah, the false start on the QB wasn't special either.

The kid has a nice arm, but get him in the gun and give him the extra time to think. Run the backs out of the draw, or get them moving with a screen. Shotgun for Boyle, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom