UCONN vs. Team USA Exhibition Jan 27 at XL Center | The Boneyard

UCONN vs. Team USA Exhibition Jan 27 at XL Center

Reaction Score
Arghh I was hoping that they would have this exhibition on a Friday or Saturday night at MSG, Mohegan Sun, or Bridgeport so I could see it in person. Nevertheless I definitely will be watching it via whatever streaming service is needed to watch it.

Reaction Score
So we will see DT, Sue and Stewie to play .. what a great news.

"USA Basketball has secured commitments from eight athletes to participate, including UConn legends Bird and Taurasi, as well as WNBA MVP Elena Delle Donne, Skylar Diggins-Smith, Sylvia Fowles, Chelsea Gray, Nneka Ogwumike and A’ja Wilson. Napheesa Collier is not expected to travel to Storrs because of an overseas commitment. The four remaining roster spots will come from the national team pool."

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
This will be useful at some point I'm sure...

Stewie_v_geno.jpg

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Arghh I was hoping that they would have this exhibition on a Friday or Saturday night at MSG, Mohegan Sun, or Bridgeport so I could see it in person. Nevertheless I definitely will be watching it via whatever streaming service is needed to watch it.
MSG certainly would have been perfect for me. Oh well.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So we will see DT, Sue and Stewie to play .. what a great news.

"USA Basketball has secured commitments from eight athletes to participate, including UConn legends Bird and Taurasi, as well as WNBA MVP Elena Delle Donne, Skylar Diggins-Smith, Sylvia Fowles, Chelsea Gray, Nneka Ogwumike and A’ja Wilson. Napheesa Collier is not expected to travel to Storrs because of an overseas commitment. The four remaining roster spots will come from the national team pool."
You know Pheese would be there if she could.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I'm intrigued! I'm doing an all day PD that day, and it might be a nice present to hop up/down on a bus.

Getting a ticket would be the next step. Don't see them on sale anywhere. Yet.

Reaction Score
It said that regular XL women's season ticket holders could buy them tomorrow at 10 am. For a lark, I tried the link right now-- and I'm not saying anything here-- but I know what I won't have to do tomorrow at 10. ;)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This game is going to be exhausting! We going to have to root for the team with the ball on every possession.
I'll only root for the Husky players! So I know I will be rooting more for the current team vs the USA team.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If teams are allowed just two exhibition games a season, how is the NCAA allowing this?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Playing an exhibition game in the middle of the season against seasoned physical pro players..what could go wrong?
Well the UCONN women will get to feel like the Jefferson University players feel and how the Trevecca Nazarene players are about to feel. :) :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
After they play against Nneka, Sylvia, Aja, EDD, and Stewie nothing in the NCAA tournament should be a surprise.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
After they play against Nneka, Sylvia, Aja, EDD, and Stewie nothing in the NCAA tournament should be a surprise.

Yes but you can't extrapolate that to say it will help your NCAA Tournament preparation. No college team has the attributes of the National Team. It is really apples and oranges.

Just psyched to see it as a fun event and more exposure for both programs.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's going to be a huge deal - smack in the middle of the season. the USWNT will have played 4 college programs by end of week. It will give people a chance to compare/contrast how each program did vs. similar competition over a short period of time.

Stanford lost 95-80. Oregon State did worse, losing 81-51. It will be fun to see how Oregon and aTm do (the latter plays Team USA tonight)...

But... when they play UCONN, slightly different roster, and UCONN will be more "prepared". Will be a fun bellwether...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom