UConn vs Seton Hall sold out | The Boneyard

UConn vs Seton Hall sold out

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
From the article -
A reminder, there are still tickets available for Seton Hall's other contests. Season tickets cost $50 each and include admission to each of Seton Hall's remaining home games at Walsh Gymnasium. All single-game tickets are just $10 apiece. Now that's a bargain. ;)
Pirate fans want to see this year's version of the UConn Huskies up close and personal. In that gym, you can almost reach out and touch the players. I wonder if the food is any good there? :rolleyes:

Walsh Gymnasium​

Address: 400 South Orange Avenue, South Orange, NJ 07079
Year Opened: 1941
Capacity: 1,316 for basketball - That has to be to smallest gym in the conference. :) At 80 years old, it's also got to be the oldest gym (active playing facility) in the conference. Every seat is a very good one. Even back row corner.

renovated_walsh_gym_1920x1080.jpg

Carnac

Reaction Score
Prudential Center?
The Prudential Center's (Newark New Jersey) capacity is 19,500. Slightly more that the Walsh Gym. I wonder how many tickets they could have sold if the game had been played there. The prudential Center probably wanted a LARGER cut of the proceeds (or a larger rental fee) than the school was willing to give/pay. :rolleyes: Have the women's team played any of their games at the Prudential Center?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Prudential Center's (Newark New Jersey) capacity is 19,500. Slightly more that the Walsh Gym. I wonder how many tickets they could have sold if the game had been played there. The prudential Center probably wanted a LARGER cut of the proceeds than the school was willing to give. :rolleyes:
I know it says Walsh Arena for their remaining games but I thought they may have moved the UCONN game to the Prudential Center. A big home game for them. Announcing a sellout at a 1,300 seat Arena seems strange to me. I’ve been to High School games there that were Standing Room Only. Pru center makes more sense to me

Reaction Score
Capacity: 1,316 for basketball - That has to be to smallest gym in the conference. :) At 80 years old, it's also got to be the oldest gym (active playing facility) in the conference. Every seat is a very good one. Even back row corner.
And we had to pay to get back into (not as big as it used to be) The Big East.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
From the article -
A reminder, there are still tickets available for Seton Hall's other contests. Season tickets cost $50 each and include admission to each of Seton Hall's remaining home games at Walsh Gymnasium. All single-game tickets are just $10 apiece. Now that's a bargain. ;)
Pirate fans want to see this year's version of the UConn Huskies up close and personal. In that gym, you can almost reach out and touch the players. I wonder if the food is any good there? :rolleyes:

Walsh Gymnasium​

renovated_walsh_gym_1920x1080.jpg
Sorry Carnac but Hinkle Fieldhouse is 13 years older, it was built in 1928.;)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I know it says Walsh Arena for their remaining games but I thought they may have moved the UCONN game to the Prudential Center. A big home game for them. Announcing a sellout at a 1,300 seat Arena seems strange to me. I’ve been to High School games there that were Standing Room Only. Pru center makes more sense to me
Unless their AD is desperate for money, I'm sure they kept the game at the bandbox to keep many UCONN fans from getting in. NC State could have moved the game vs USC to the RBG Center, but they know a lot more Gamecock fans would have been there if that happened.

Reaction Score

Walsh Gymnasium​

I live about 30 minutes from there and I'm really ticked off I didn't get tickets for that game........it's really a "atmospheric" place to see a game and it will get surprisingly loud in for such a tiny place.......perhaps I'll do a drive by and try to scalp a ticket.......ya never know.....

Carnac

Reaction Score
Sorry Carnac but Hinkle Fieldhouse is 13 years older, it was built in 1928.;)
That's 93 years ago. :eek: Hinkle Fieldhouse = Butler Univ. (Indianapolis) Completed in early 1928, it was the largest basketball arena in the United States until 1950. James Naismith (1861-1939) sports coach, and inventor of the game of basketball was still alive when that gym was built.
That's why I come to the Boneyard. I learned something new today. :) Thanks

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Unless their AD is desperate for money, I'm sure they kept the game at the bandbox to keep many UCONN fans from getting in. NC State could have moved the game vs USC to the RBG Center, but they know a lot more Gamecock fans would have been there if that happened.
You may be right. I never thought of that. UConn fans in the area know they have to buy their single game tickets for this game the first day or two those tickets go on sale. UConn has traveled well the last 25-30 years. They will again this year too.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Since the game is sold out, you can be sure the local scalpers will be out front on game night eager and ready to serve you. :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Are they any OLD S. H. Pirate Alumni/Alumna who remember
BOWLA BOWLA in SOUTH ORANGE? I bowled by first
"strike there". The orphanage used to be across South
Orange Avenue from the S. H. Campus = a long long time ago.
I also went to see Rutgers play in their BAND BOX in
New Brunswick . Anyone remember when Rutgers made it into the
FINAL FOUR ,UNDEFEATED!

Reaction Score
As Geno would say, the circus is in town

Yes, I was told it was sold out two weeks ago when I called to see where my 6 tickets were since I never received them and still haven't. I guess they just got around to making it official now. It's a great old place to watch a game. You are close to the court and the place rocks. I have been going to basketball games there, high school and college, since !962. Tickets were hard to come by then. For the boys' Essex County Tournament games in the 60s, I worked selling potato chips and pretzels just to get in. I got to see the games from every location. Believe me, it's a big deal for them to sell out a women's game.

I was there two years ago for the Aubrey show with a sparse crowd. I am very happy this game is sold out. The Never Forget games at the Rock in Newark with both the UCONN men and women ( women play UCLA ) are not sold out but there are no seats left within the baselines which is a good sign. Danny Hurley's first head coaching job was up the block at St. Benedict's Prep, my alma mater. It is great for girls' and women's basketball for Paige and company to be in this area twice in an 8 day span.

As for the food, if you have to eat at Walsh you will starve. Lines are very long and slow. Best to eat at one of South Orange's really good restaurants beforehand or after or take a trip down memory lane for a thin crust pie or 2 at Bunny's. That's where I will be with my family all of whom are Husky devotees.

Reaction Score
Since the game is sold out, you can be sure the local scalpers will be out front on game night eager and ready to serve you
FINAL FOUR ,UNDEFEATED!
For Carnac, as I am sure you know, in Jersey, ticket scalping is an art form and if the scalpers are out it means women's college basketball has arrived. Good luck. If one of my tickets isn't being used I will let you know and you are welcome to it.

For Zarathustra, I spent many a Saturday afternoon at Bowla Bowla and I remember the orphanage and the old campus. My two older brothers both went there. I also remember Grunings. Incredible ice cream. Two separate stores within 1 mile or less of each other in South Orange. I lived about 8 blocks away. I remember the Rutgers team as well. It was 1976, the last year of an undefeated college basketball team when Indiana won it all.

Carnac

Reaction Score
For Carnac, as I am sure you know, in Jersey, ticket scalping is an art form and if the scalpers are out it means women's college basketball has arrived. Good luck. If one of my tickets isn't being used I will let you know and you are welcome to it.

For Zarathustra, I spent many a Saturday afternoon at Bowla Bowla and I remember the orphanage and the old campus. My two older brothers both went there. I also remember Grunings. Incredible ice cream. Two separate stores within 1 mile or less of each other in South Orange. I lived about 8 blocks away. I remember the Rutgers team as well. It was 1976, the last year of an undefeated college basketball team when Indiana won it all.
Thanks BBallF for the generous offer. If I were "local", I'd take it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I'm in Southern California. NJ is a little too far away for me to do a "road trip" (2757 mi) to. Enjoy the game, and have an extra slice of pizza for me. :) I'll be there in spirit.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Kinda hard to impress potential recruits with arenas/gyms that old. :(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

1) They had a men's game the evening of the women's game.

2) i dont think there was gonna be a ton of SC fans. enough to move it to a 20,000 seat arena...not for a Tuesday afternoon game at 5pm.

Could have sold out MSG.

They ain't selling out a 20,000 seat arena.

Reaction Score
I got so ticked off that I didn't get Seton Hall - UConn tickets that I just bought some third party UConn - UCLA tickets at the Prudential Center.........should be a much better game but the atmosphere just won't be the same..........:(

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
FINAL FOUR ,UNDEFEATED!
No, but I remember Edison Bowl - 112 lanes.

Reaction Score
Could Aubrey go off for another 20+ Point game again at Seton Hall ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom