UConn vs SCar Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn vs SCar Post Game Thread

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
My apologies to Geno and my family (who had to listen to me) as I yelled at Geno repeatedly to take his injured starters out of game with 30 point lead. Guess he fixed me - put Crystal back in with 3 minutes left Head bang
Crystal was put back in so she could get a curtain call after her fabulous first three quarters. And as usually happens he was waiting for Dawn to give A'ja her moment before he did the same for Gabby and Kia.
There is a certain formality to the way these things get handled.:)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My apologies to Geno and my family (who had to listen to me) as I yelled at Geno repeatedly to take his injured starters out of game with 30 point lead. Guess he fixed me - put Crystal back in with 3 minutes left Head bang
Me too in the Chat Room.

Reaction Score
The Huskies stayed hot from behind the arc, connecting on 9 of 10 3-pointers in the half -- including a perfect 5 for 5 by Dangerfield.
Her last 3 of the second quarter made it 52-31 and delighted a crowd that included former UConn greats Tina Charles and Breanna Stewart, who helped the Huskies to four consecutive national championships. Stewart grew up 2 hours west of Albany.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I said so in the Chat. His of course is a remix of the famous Sun Tzu phrase.
Tyson disguises his scholarly ways very well! Bet he did not know he was quoting an ancient Chinese general. Nice catch Jordy. :)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Whew, thankfully God sat this one out! ;) Except everybody walked off the floor tonight in one piece, if you don't count broken hearts.
I do not think he travels well ;);)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Tyson disguises his scholarly ways very well! Bet he did not know he was quoting an ancient Chinese general. Nice catch Jordy. :)
Once you've read Sun Tzu honestly you'll never view war quite the same.

Reaction Score
Pheesawas not rewarded with the MVP, but she was instrumental in pushing the offense and defense with severl blocked shots and steals along with rebounds and high scorer of almost each game. what does she have to do to get some recognition? I don't slight the others, but she should have gotten some dibs here.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Duke isn't as good a team as SCar, but it seemed UConn struggled with Duke. Crystal just had a good night. Was that it?

Reaction Score
Pheesa averaged 20ppg, 7.75 reb, 4.5 ast, 2blks and shod 69% from the field during the regional games and she didn’t quite make the cut for All-Tournament. I hope she gets recognized by the WBCA and wins the Katrina McClain award bc she is without a doubt a top 10 player in America!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ti
The Huskies stayed hot from behind the arc, connecting on 9 of 10 3-pointers in the half -- including a perfect 5 for 5 by Dangerfield.
Her last 3 of the second quarter made it 52-31 and delighted a crowd that included former UConn greats Tina Charles and Breanna Stewart, who helped the Huskies to four consecutive national championships. Stewart grew up 2 hours west of Albany.

Kalana Greene, Stewie and Tina joined them in the locker room after the game.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
wbbuconn_tg1575

Quite the picture.

Reaction Score
I am not so sure “outcoached” is correct. She was definitely “outgunned”
I feel outcoached is totally appropriate. I know that I've never ever seen South Carolina with a cohesive offense. Isn't she responsible for that? They just sit around and do nothing EVER! I'm not talking about a bad game or two. I've seen them play against a number of other teams and NEVER has their offense looked decent.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Was SC's slow-the-game pace early a fatal flaw?

I mean I'm fine with rolling the dice when you're the underdog, but it turned out to be a strategy that failed miserably. SC seemed to do better in the 2nd qtr when they played more regular pace and even push tempo.

I didn't notice any appreciable change of pace to more up tempo by the Gamecocks until the second half when they were hopelessly out of it anyway. It looked to me like Dawn watched the replay of the Duke game and made the exact same decision McCallie did...sleepwalk through the entire game taking possessions away, and try to only lose by 20 or a little less if UCONN has an off shooting night. To me, this snore-a-thon pace is mind boggling, virtually assuring defeat if you stay with it as long as Duke and USCe did.

Reaction Score
I feel outcoached is totally appropriate. I know that I've never ever seen South Carolina with a cohesive offense. Isn't she responsible for that? They just sit around and do nothing EVER! I'm not talking about a bad game or two. I've seen them play against a number of other teams and NEVER has their offense looked decent.
Uhhh, I think the former coach had slightly better players.
I think the former coach HAD BETTER PLAYERS because he MADE them better players. This year's South Carolina team might not have had as much talent but in previous years she had a really good core of talent but I don't think they get that much better while they matriculate at South Carolina.

Reaction Score
What could Dawn do? She doesn't have the horses this year. Next year she will have guards, but of course no A'ja, and who knows what Jennings is going to do since she's draft eligible I believe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom