UConn vs. RPI (1/16/19 @ XL @ 7:05p) | The Boneyard

UConn vs. RPI (1/16/19 @ XL @ 7:05p)

Reaction Score
Huskies Back Home to Host RPI Wednesday Night - University of Connecticut Athletics

UConn Game Notes for RPI

>>The Huskies return home to the XL Center for the first time since December 6 when they play host to the Rensselaer Engineers in a non-conference match-up Wednesday night. The Huskies and Engineers met earlier this season with UConn posting a 3-1 win at RPI's Houston Field House back on October 20.

UConn will set up shop at the XL Center for 10 of their final 13 games in the regular season. The Huskies will return to Hockey East play next weekend with a home-and-home against New Hampshire. UConn is currently ninth in the Hockey East standings.<<

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Cavanaugh is presiding over an undisciplined, uninspiring team at this point. It's time for him to be accountable. This is pathetic. It's sad given the talent we have. If this continues, he's got to go.

Reaction Score
Holy cow. Cavanaugh looks like Diaco now, except that he can recruit.

Wow - not that bad! As you point out, Cavanaugh can recruit and he is a great guy - probably a superb #2. Some day Diaco will be mumbling on a street corner bragging about his UConn millions...

I don't expect Benedict to do anything this year, but Cavanaugh has to see that this level of back sliding with some pretty solid (albeit young) talent is unacceptable. Maybe he needs to shake up the staff at the very least. As it is now, the new 8 team limit for the HE playoff has us on the outside looking in. We're tenth with 5 points in 13 games played! Only Vermont with one win in HE (you remember how they got that...) trails us. That is beyond dreadful. Most teams ahead of us have games in hand to boot, so we have zero margin of error.

Please no retorts about this being a rebuilding year. Rebuilding from what? Last year Creel got hot down the stretch. We made a nice run to 5th place and then it was 2 and out at BU. We still finished below .500.

Message to Cavanaugh - you have a decent contract and now we want wins not excuses!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The odd thing is that outside of defensive assignments - which are VERY bad, ESPECIALLY on the PK, last night, my God - they actually are playing OK most of the time. IDK. The dump and chase is archic, but I get it.

I don't think they're *this* bad. I don't think their play is being reflected on the scoreboard. You have to hope that changes.

They're a middle of the sport team getting bottom of the sport results. The PP is murdering them. Not the kill- their OWN PP.

Take a look: 2018‑19 NCAA Team Statistics

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Also: Kondelik, Howarth and Iskhakov are all EACH shooting under 4%.

COME ON

Reaction Score
I e been to 3 games this year and watched a couple of others on tv so far and what strikes me is how slow we seem compared with other clubs. When we played in the AHA and occasionally took on a Hockey East or ECAC type program that was usually a huge difference. Last year was the first year that I really thought they could generally keep up but they have looked like they are skating in slush while even a meh team like RPI is skating on ice once again.

Reaction Score
You knew it wasn't our night when we were down 3-2 in the third and one of our players hit both posts on the same shot.
Lethargic effort out there. I don't know if the kids just mailed it in because it wasn't a HE game or what.The freshman goalie didn't look so hot. Maybe we win it if Huska is in, who knows.
But yeah, next year is a big year for Cavanaugh. The young kids have to take a step up. Missing the playoffs this year AND next would be a travesty.
Only chance we can make the playoffs this year is next weekend - have to take minimum of 3 pts out of 4 against UNH. Maybe 4 out of 4

Reaction Score
You knew it wasn't our night when we were down 3-2 in the third and one of our players hit both posts on the same shot.
Lethargic effort out there. I don't know if the kids just mailed it in because it wasn't a HE game or what.The freshman goalie didn't look so hot. Maybe we win it if Huska is in, who knows.
But yeah, next year is a big year for Cavanaugh. The young kids have to take a step up. Missing the playoffs this year AND next would be a travesty.
Only chance we can make the playoffs this year is next weekend - have to take minimum of 3 pts out of 4 against UNH. Maybe 4 out of 4

Agree that UConn needs two wins over UNH in their upcoming series for them to have any hope of making the Hockey East playoffs. If UConn did took all 4 points against UNH in their games next weekend, they would be tied with the Wildcats in terms of points in the standings. However, UNH would still have two game in hand over the Huskies. Making the Hockey East playoffs is looking like a real long shot at this point, as UConn has dug itself a pretty deep hole in the standings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom